Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 3, 2018

Re: Lifestyles 650 Green Vertical Line on Edge of Screen (4K pass through problem)

I am Relieved yet skeptical as finding this thread!!!

for the better part of 5 months now ive been A Sony Basher and writing letters to sony and such as my 75"XBR 950C has a green verticle line on the right side of the screen.  I thought it was a panel issue.  Ive had best buy geek squad out twice and PAID them to help me dismount my tV from the wall the replace cords and such and of course no fix.

I am a HUGE BOSE consumer.  I have their headphones, soundtouch system which is their 650, 4 soundtouch amps,8 in ceiling speakers and 4 outdoor speakers and 2 in ground green speakers and several home theater speaker bars.  i even got a secne subwoofer for my 650 last month i also have bose systmes in my cars...

BOSE WHATS up?  PLEASE FIX this for me ASAP 

Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Dec 23, 2017

Re: Lifestyles 650 Green Vertical Line on Edge of Screen (4K pass through problem)

Wow!  Never even considered they might be using 1080 panels in the showrooms, which may be why they don't have the Green Line in stores.  The nearest store here is 2 hrs away... if anyone can easily verify this it would be worth noting.  Totally agree SkyYYZ... MANY missed opportunities to fix this!!

Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Dec 23, 2017

Hey GoneGator,

Crazy that it would not go away after switching sources multiple times!  Wonder if the new update had anything to do with that?  I would have lost my mind!!  Way too much money to be annoyed like that!!

C'mon Bose!

Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Dec 23, 2017

Hey Superbeastkay,

Welcome aboard!  You are in the right place.  I went through three Sony Z9D's and they all had the Green Line issue.  As you can see from this thread we have all tried it all... new cables, settings, etc. etc. etc.  I haven't had an issue since by-passing the 4K pass through on the Bose and going direct to the TV with all sources... THIS IS NOT A FIX THOUGH as when you do this you lose other things... check previous posts if your interested.

Your skepticism is spot-on though.  At this point I think I can speak for the group and say that WE KNOW THE PROBLEM IS WITH THE CONSOLE (Both LS 600/650 and ST 300).  This is backed up by our experimentation, variety of components we all have, and the fact that Bose rescinded an offer to exchange the console noting the large number of issues with this.

BOTTOM LINE AFTER ALL OF THIS AGGRAVATION AND WASTED TIME - WE ARE WAITING FOR A FIX FROM BOSE.

Again, hope more people like you join in the conversation!

Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Dec 21, 2017

My local Best Buy bypasses 4K pass-through on their demo ST 300 (Lifestyle not on display.)  They hook their UHD player directly into the 4K TV and run an optical cable to the SoundTouch 300.  My local Costco uses a Bose display setup, but the little screen is definitely not 4K so I didn't bother checking... because I didn't have to.  This is a Bose problem—which they've publicly acknowledged via a moderator—and we'll have to wait for a fix, assuming there is one.  I've said it once before—this thread requires a response from engineering via an administrator.

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Apr 9, 2017

Verified! Was just at my local Bose. Confirmed their TVs are 1080 not 4K. After purchasing mine I became overly friendly with the mgr at this store. He said never had this type of problem but said all their TVs are 1080. As to fixing this problem he did not sound very optimistic since there could be many different causes and while trying to fix it they could break a normal function. He is on one of the software teams that test updates and shared some of the nightmare beta updates he went through. So the way I see it they can not fix a problem that only happens with 4K TVs when you are testing it on 1080 TVs and Bose will not provide the testers with 4K TVs. 

Well I am starting to look at this as I now have a tv with with 3 out of four useable hdmi with 1 working to the full potential (Sony 930e) with 4 hdmi spares that will take 2-3 times of switching sources to get the green line to go away. But now I have to figure out which if I do plug into it. I would probably take my own advice and get a really good switch that will do 4K hdr 60p. But since I went directly to the tv I have found that I can now fine tune colors to my individual devices. Some brighter than others, some with different blues and so on. 

Bose has tried to be the all input since the v25. But now we can all at least thank bose that they stoped with DVD players built in! 😉

Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Dec 21, 2017

Good research, Sy, thank-you for sharing!  

Regarding 4K, the majority of people who have the means to own the Lifestyle 6xx, or SoundTouch 300 complete 5.1 system— also own a 4K TV.  Bypassing 4K pass-through has some trade-off advantages; however, the issue remains—our products are defective.

Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Dec 23, 2017

Yes, thanks very much Sy for the research/info!

Well, here's just my opinion (for whatever its worth)... I think we are all out of luck with this issue (unless Brandon or Joel pop back in here with some kind of surprising news).

You know, almost 20 years ago now I bought a Wave Radio/CD, the one with the lid on top that you lift to put the CD in.  I have moved a total of 7 times with that thing... including twice overseas and back.  I threw the box away when I got it and was not always gentle with it.  Regardless, it has never skipped a note up until this day.  The hardest thing was just keeping track of the little remote, which we managed to do somehow.  I had also established a rapport with a Bose store manager after waiting a year for a VideoWave TV.  The salesperson said that I could get a credit for my old radio towards a new one... all I had to do was say it skipped but I just couldn't bring myself to throw the loyal old thing under the bus like that.  It seems that gone are the days of Bose products not failing even after 20 years.

What I am getting at is hopefully at some point when Bose gets this issue fixed in the new consioles, they will offer some type of exchange as they were offering with the radio, either outright, or maybe a credit towards a replacement.  I think the right answer is an even exchange for a non-defective console but I think to offer that would be a huge public relations fiasco.  Imagine a compeny like Bose doing a recall on something like this and what damage that could do to the brand!

Either way, I think we as consumers deserve some kind of resolution out of this.  Not cool to buy something for thousands of dollars that doesn't do what it is stated to do.  I guess we all like the "sound" so much that we will suck it up.  Not cool at all Bose! 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 9, 2017

We definitely like the sound, but not that much. What we do like, is the brand. One that is trustworthy.... until now.

Brandon and the like are active on this forum. But obviously are ignoring this. It's a crappy product for what was advertised.

Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Dec 23, 2017

Dear Moderators,

It has been a FULL MONTH SINCE WE HEARD FROM ANY OF YOU ON OUR THREAD.  There have been pretty substantial developments that you haven't acknowledged.  For, example, we have discovered that Bose does not use 4K displays in showrooms.  We have been told that Engineering has this for action and the last time we heard from you we were told that the Escalation Team does not want to replace a console due to the significant number of reports of this Green Line.  We have also now had people that have not been able to make the Green Line go away by switching sources.

WE ARE YOUR LOYAL CUSTOMERS AND HAVE A VERY VALID PROBLEM.  YOU REALLY OWE IT TO US TO COME CLEAN ON THIS ISSUE AND GET THIS FIXED.  IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT THEN MAKE US WHOLE SOMEHOW,  MANY OF US ARE BY-PASSING YOUR 4K PASS-THROUGH, SOMETHING WE PAID HIGHLY FOR.

WE DESERVE THE SAME LOYALTY WE HAVE GIVEN YOU!

HOW ABOUT SOME INFORMATION!