Xyz987
Expert
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Re: Lifestyles 650 Green Vertical Line on Edge of Screen (4K pass through problem)

Not a solution, but how many 4k devices do you have?  Can't you plug them into your tv to avoid the problem until Bose resolves it?

JaymeW
Advocate
Registered since

Dec 23, 2017

Re: Lifestyles 650 Green Vertical Line on Edge of Screen (4K pass through problem)

That's what I did but that's not the point.  If you read this entire thread you will probably come to the same conclusion... Bose knows there is a problem and it probably isn't financially wise for them to admit it.  We are being slow-rolled and they are hoping we will just give up, shut up, and go away.  Been a Bose owner for 30 years, some people on here much longer, and we all deserve better.  This is a very high end system and needs to act like it.  Shouldn't have to by-pass it out of the box.

GoneGator
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 9, 2017

Completely agree, JaymeW. We should have some statement on the progress of a fix or what Bose is planning on doing for their customers. Bottom line, it IS a faulty product... and they know it. 

FWIW, switching inputs no longer resolves the green line for me. Gotta love dropping SO MUCH MONEY on a product that does not work as advertised. Amazing they are still selling the 600/650 with its issues. 

Really hope Bose does the right thing. But their silence speaks volumes. 

JaymeW
Advocate
Registered since

Dec 23, 2017

I just submitted reviews on both the Best Buy and Bose website advising people to look at this thread before purchasing and telling people to make sure whatever display it is demo’ed on for them is in fact 4K and to have them switch sources several times.

Now, lets see if they allow either of them to actually be posted!!
JaymeW
Advocate
Registered since

Dec 23, 2017

Five weeks since the offer to exchange console was rescinded due to "large number of reports of this specific issue"... no update from Bose on the Green Line problem... worse, no visit from Moderators to reassure us that Engineering is working on this problem.  Will keep counting the weeks/months/years... after the large monetary and emotional (brand loyalty) investment don't see a point in dropping this issue until it's fixed.

GoneGator
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 9, 2017

It’s amazing, isn’t it? The Moderators do a great job at replying effeciently to topics. But this one has fallen off the edge.

A shame Bose has “accepted” their problem and a sub-par product.

Joel_D
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hello All,

I will be reaching out to a few of you via Private Message shortly with more information.

Warm Regards,

Joel 

flexiboy
Contributor
Registered since

May 25, 2018

Having paid £3k for this system do I not count for a private message? This green line is now constant and doing my head in with the constant power on/off and reset - one fed up customer who is ready to ditch BOSE completely.

JaymeW
Advocate
Registered since

Dec 23, 2017

Well,

We can't say that it's been six weeks since hearing from Moderators though.  Hmmm...  Totally understand your frustration flexiboy!

JaymeW
Advocate
Registered since

Dec 23, 2017

Just another thought for the Moderators,

I can't imagine a good reason why EVERYONE on this thread would not have been included on any private message.  If the intent is to fix the subject of this thread then I would say that the people that have been on this thread for the past several months sharing ideas for solutions, and frustrations with the issue would certainly deserve to be included.  Just can't imagine a group anywhere else that would deserve to be included more than everyone here.