Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Dec 21, 2017

Re: Lifestyles 650 Green Vertical Line on Edge of Screen (4K pass through problem)

Agreed, JaymeW.  To add that, this problem is shared by SoundTouch 300 owners such as myself.  If there is a possible resolution then I would welcome a “private message,” if I inferred correctly.

Highlighted
Chuckling Champion
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Re: Lifestyles 650 Green Vertical Line on Edge of Screen (4K pass through problem)

There is no green line with the Soundtouch 300.  I have one with subwoofer and rear surround speakers and it works perfectly.

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Dec 21, 2017

I also own the complete 5.1 package and Bose replaced the first soundbar.  The replacement has the same problem.  You may wish to read the entire thread.  

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hello @flexiboy,

Thank you for the post.

I have reached out to you via private message.

Warm Regards,

Joel

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 27, 2018

Not to be rude but I have to agree with @flexiboy. This is literally the first time I have ever created a username for a forum but I had to finally say something.

I’ve had this thread saved in my phone looking after trying to find a solution to the green line for months. It definitely seemed like the place I would hear something about it given the moderators were initially very engaging with everyone and giving us updates about what it going on behind the scenes.

However, after seeing these private messages containing to pop up, I would love to know if there has finally been a solution created for the green line that isn’t being shared with the public yet since it is still in beta or something along those lines. If so, @Joel_D I’m definitely willing to help to fix this issue. It has gone on for way too long and as someone whose very OCD it bothers me every night when I go to use the television.

Sorry for the rant, but I am just extremely disappointed at how all of this is going and how customer service had no idea of this issue when I called a couple weeks ago. I cannot even begin to list all of the Bose products I have/had over the years. It’s the only product I use for sound and now sleeping as of last week. Your company has a superior sound and I don’t want to change, especially for a green line.

Thanks
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hello Bidz99,

Thank you for posting. As it stands now, development is aware of this and they are working towards getting this resolved. As soon as information is available, we will share this with the community.

Warm Regards,

Joel 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 27, 2018

Joel,

Thank you very much for the quick response! I appreciate the information.
Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 25, 2018

This is the line causing such stress. Moves from side to side.This is the line causing such stress. Moves from side to side.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 1, 2018

Got my ST300 a week ago. Knew about the problem before but bought it with the (hopefully valid) confidence that this will be fixed.

Initially I only saw it once with an Apple TV 4k being the source. From reading the previous posts here my expecation was that if I would see it at all, then only with 4k HDR sources.

Today I also saw it with my STB that outputs 1080p... The line was gone after a power cycle of the ST300.

Question to existing "problem owners": Do you all have OLED TVs? I do, and I'm wondering if the pixel shift technique that is present in most OLED is somehow related to the problem. Pixel shift regulary moves the whole picture horizontally for one line to the left and right. If overscan is disabled, you would notice this if you would look very closely and with a test pattern, because that pattern that would fit exactly to the screen with disabled overscan would be cut off slightly on the left or right depending on where pixel shift has shifted the picture to at the very moment when you check this. Now I could imagine that the green line is sometimes not visible not because the Bose HDMI chipset works correctly every now and then, but simply because the line is moved out of the visible viewing area by pixel shift. Since I cannot disable pixel shift on my OLED, I have no way to verify this.

If my theory is correct, then the green line would always be visible on a LCD with disabled overscan. But if it's visible only sometimes on a LCD as well, then it's obvious that the Bose HDMI chipset sometimes work properly, and sometimes not.

In any case, it is obvious that the issue is caused by Bose's HDMI implementation.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 27, 2018

No, I have a Samsung KS8500. That’s interesting though about the OLEDs