Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 8, 2017

Re: Lifestyles 650 (and SoundTouch 300) Green Vertical Line on Edge of Screen (4K pass through probl

Tony,

Yes, the discoloration started once I downloaded the update.   I can correct the problem by switching to the Xbox One where there is no discoloration then I can go back to watching cable or Apple TV without the color issue.

My arrangement is:

Xbox to Bose (HDMI 1)

Apple TV to Bose (HDMI 2)

Cable Box to Bose (HDMI 3)

I send the signal from the console to my Sony TV using the appropriate HDMI input for 4K, etc. Like others I upgraded cables.

I don’t understand the problem with the cable box picture. Obviously, no 4K signal being sent and this was never an issue (with green lines, etc.) in the past.

So, I’m not sure why the Xbox is not affected or is it the HDMI port that was corrected. I’m afraid to change devices around at this point since I’ve got a temporary fix, for now.  Oh, no green lines since update. 

Thanks for the support.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 27, 2018

Re: Lifestyles 650 (and SoundTouch 300) Green Vertical Line on Edge of Screen (4K pass through probl

Update here as well with the new patch:

I’ve been using it a couple of days now and still have the green line present. It seems as though it is less frequent but still is appearing.

As far as discoloration, I also have that issue popping up for me now on my Xbox. If I switch sources and come back to the original one then the discoloration will go away.

As it seems so far the patch doesn’t seem to have fixed anything yet unfortunately.
Highlighted
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Hi Moonman

Thanks for the detailed reply, we really appreciate that!  I'm going to get this up to development to see if they can identify the source of the strange discoloration. 

Thank you for your continued patience with this.

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hello All,

We've pushed another test update to resolve the HDCP issue with the discoloration. Let us know how testing goes, this has been pushed to all users that were testing the initial patch.

@Moonman

@JaymeW

@Bidz99

Warm Regards,

Joel

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 25, 2018

Hi Joel,

Can you include me as I also got an early version of the patch and am seeing the colour problem too

Thanks

Paul

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hey Paul,

You're already included in this patch as well since you received the first update. The update process will be the same as before.

Please let us know how the testing goes.

Warm Regards,

Joel

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 25, 2018

Ah thanks , didn't see my name in the list on the post so wasn't sure. I will install tonight and let you know. Thanks for the quick response. 

Highlighted
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Dec 23, 2017

Thanks Joel,

I won’t be able to download/test this until next week but will let you know then.
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi JaymeW,

Thank you for getting back to me. No worries, just let me know how it goes.

Regards,

Joel

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 25, 2018

Ok lets just say its 100 times worse then before so not happy

IMG_1719.jpeg