Highlighted
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Dec 23, 2017

Re: Lifestyles 650 (and SoundTouch 300) Green Vertical Line on Edge of Screen (4K pass through probl

Hello Joel,

I was notified and looked at the ST300 4K pass-through problem thread and see that the update for the ST300 has fried some units.  Getting a little concerned about the LS6x0 consoles that have had patches pushed to them.

Seems that many of us have had some type of issues with these patches and some of us have by-passed the console again, or to resolve the new problems.

I have by-passed my console's 4K pass through once again as the last patch was obviously not trouble free but am now worried that there may have been some damage done that I/we just can't tell about because it is by-passed.

Just wondering what the plan is for those of us that have beta tested these patches on our units and now have new problems.

Thanks!

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Lifestyles 650 (and SoundTouch 300) Green Vertical Line on Edge of Screen (4K pass through probl

Hi JaymeW,

I completely understand what has happened and the frustration level this must be causing.

I have communicated this clearly to engineering on what has happened and I'm waiting for a response at this time. I'm keeping a very close eye on this and will be responding to everyone once I have further information on the direction we're going at this point.

Thank you to everyone on this thread working with myself and the other moderators.

Warm Regards,

Joel 

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 25, 2018

It all seems to have gone very quiet again from Bose. The issues I am now getting are making me wish for the green line as at least there was a quick way to fix it my end. Now I have so many strange issues its becoming very annyoing just to get it to stay turned on and get sound from my sources.

The 650 keeps turning itself back on after me pressing power off button , the apple TV is now nearly impossible to use as it just wont detect its turned on a give me a picture unless I powercyle and change source 1/2 a dozen times. The ATV and Bose lights both flash using the remote but no picture at all.

Have to say I will not be re-investing in Bose in the future after all these problems , not what I expected from such an expensive unit and its very disappointng indeed.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi flexiboy,

Thank you for reaching back out to us. Please check your DM for further info.

Warm Regards,

Joel 

Highlighted
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Dec 23, 2017

I wanted to provoide an update of my particular situation regarding this problem.  I decided to swap out my console for one that was untouched by the test patches, keep the 4K pass-trough by-passed, and just accept that this can't be fixed by a patch.

I hooked up the new console last night and have to say that (and this may be my imagination) but the setup went smoother than my previous console.  I have a second bass module and although it worked with my previous console, it never "officially" connected per the console or succeeded in the test tone.  The new console connected the second module on the first attempt and sent the test tone like it was supposed to do.

I also notice a difference in the color of the console setup screen (this is not my imagination).  The previous console's white background/screen would flicker ever so slightly.  It was barely noticeable but I definitely noticed it.  I had thought that maybe this was some type of screen burn protection built in.  The new console is purely white with no flicker.

I don't know what any of this means, and I don't know how to tell either console's build date, but there definitely seems to be a difference in these areas.  Like I said, I don't intend on ever using the 4K pass-through again so I will not be able to comment on whether this one would have the Green Line or not.  

I've decided it's just easier to live with the limitations of by-passing the console (less HDMI inputs, less remote functionality, etc) because I really don't think this will ever be fixed.  Believing this way, I certainly don't want to be involved in any more test patches that just bring about more issues.  I think the Moderators actually tried to help us but I also believe there are things in the company going on that are way above their heads related to this problem.  

My theory is that there is defective hardware somewhere causing this and I said this before, otherwise it would be resolved by now.  Seriously, if you look at the onmi-jewel speakers as an example; imagine how smart someone had to be to figure out that oposing those tiny speakers like that, and tuning it just right, would throw sound to just all the right places!  Or, look at the bass module's design!  Your telling me they can't come up with a patch to fix this by now IF it was a patch problem!?  That's just rediculous!

Anyways, options are limited; keep the system ot return it.  I love the sound and have speakers mounted on ceiling and walls so it's not going anywhere for me.

I JUST HOPE BOSE REMEMBERS THIS THREAD AND ALL OF US "GREEN LINERS" WHEN THEY ROLL OUT THE UPDATED/NON-DEFECTIVE CONSOLES.  WOULD BE NICE TO GET A PM ABOUT THAT A YEAR FROM NOW!!

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Dec 21, 2017

I've signed off in the SoundTouch 300 thread and just wanted to drop by to wish you all luck!  I hope that either a patch or a service recall can resolve this matter for all of you in the near future.

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 25, 2018

2 weeks since an update from Bose and my console is driving me crazy and I now almost wish for the green line as at least I could switch sources without ripping my hair out!

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 2, 2018

Has anyone else had their Lifestyle 650 unit die after the green line appeared?

Our 650 had a green vertical line for about a week earlier this summer. Then one day the unit would not turn on. All the tricks, all the troubleshooting (before calling, and while on the phone w/ the support team) could not resolve the dead unit. When powered on, the unit shows a gold light on the console for less than 1 second and then the light goes off. 

We sent the unit to repair. They sent the unit back saying it worked fine for them. When it arrived home, the unit did work for us. For one week.

The green line was present immediately when we hooked it up and set the unit up, including the latest released software version. The green line was present the whole time while the unit worked.

After it's second death, Support sent us a new power cable and brick. The unit still doesn't work with the new cable and brick. We are now packing the unit to send it back to the repair facility and essentially rolling the dice hoping they fix it this time because that's the only option the support team can give us at this point.

Has anyone else had their unit die after the green line appeared?

Does the team investigating the green line issue want to grab our unit at the repair facility and see what part of the hardware is having death as a symptom?

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 21, 2018

Hi.

I recently upgraded my TV from an old 1080p TV to the new Samsung Q9FN 4k HDR 10Bit TV.

Now I have the issues with the green Line on screen, which comes from the Lifestyle 650 Console...

@Joel_D

Have Bose fixed this issue ?

Is there any beta firmware to test for me ?

What can I do ? Its really annoying.. .!

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 25, 2018

No they haven't fixed it and trust me the beta fix will make you glad it's only the green line you have to worry about!