Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 27, 2018

Re: Lifestyles 650 (and SoundTouch 300) Green Vertical Line on Edge of Screen (4K pass through probl

Joel & Forum,

Just wanted to say I was apart of the beta testing for the green line and still have the ongoing issue.

Just wanted to point out that I recently switched from a Samsung KS8500 to a Samsung Q8 and both the green line and discoloration both persist while using my Xbox One X.

Joel, is there any plans for further beta testing? Please let me know.

Thanks
Highlighted
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Nov 4, 2018

Re: Lifestyles 650 (and SoundTouch 300) Green Vertical Line on Edge of Screen (4K pass through probl

Mods and members, Does this 4K green line issue happens in 50hz/PAL signal too? I'm from india and interested in LS650

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi Bidz99,

Thank you for the update.

There have not been any additional updates for further beta testing. I will certainly reach out to you as soon as I hear anything.

Warm Regards,

Joel

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hello awesomeguy91,

Thank you for the question.

The 4k green line issue is not affecting everyone, the console supports 4K/60fps, 4K HDR and HDR10.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Regards,

Joel 

Highlighted
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Nov 4, 2018

So you mean to say it's a non issue for ppl livng in countries with 50hz signal? Does it passthroguh 4K HDR, HDR10 formats too?

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hello awesomeguy91,

Thank you for the questions.

Yes, this is correct the console with support 50 and 60hz. It has 6 HDCP 2.2 inputs that support 4K/60fps, 4K HDR, and HDR10.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Joel

Highlighted
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Nov 4, 2018

I think you misunderstood. 50hz is PAL while 60hz is NTSC.. most of the 4K and HDR passthrough issues ppl are experiencing are from US. Can you confirm it for me that what i'm thinking (that any kind of 4K passthrough issue is for 60hz users only) is correct?

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hello awesomeguy91,

Some of the posts in this thread point out different regions, not just the US. 

So yes depending on the components attached it could be an issue on either and not just 60hz. This is not affecting all users, so its hard to tell you precisely what source devices this is happening with. 

Development is currently working on a fix for this.

Regards,

Joel 

Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 29, 2018

Joel D,

I was thinking about purchasing this system this weekend actually. Are there still issues with the 4K passthrough? This thread was started a year ago and have read that this issue has be ongoing for a couple years now. Is this fixed? I have a Samsung 65" 4K SUHD with the Samsune OneConnect box. I do not use a bluray or dvd player. Just an xfinity cable box. Would there be any issues for this system connected to my tv? Or is the greenline only an issue with those who have multiple sources connected to Bose at one time? I would just have Bose 650 connected to the OneConnect box. Please let me know. Thanks

Also, is there any word on Bose coming out with a new Home Theater system since this system came out 2 years ago?

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Author Accepted Answer selected by Joel_D

Hello twpsoccer17,

Thank you for the question. We recently released an update to resolve issues with 4k passthrough; release notes can be found HERE

We did recently release 2 Soundbars from our new Smart Home Speaker line.

The Soundbar 500 and 700 with the optional purchase of a bass module and wireless Surround Sound speakers. However, these will not be integrated with other SoundTouch products if you have them. The Smart Home Speakers over streaming services and have Alexa built in.

There has not been any communication if a new 5.1 system is coming out.

Best Regards,

Joel 

View solution in original post