Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 8, 2017

Re: Lifestyles 650 (and SoundTouch 300) Green Vertical Line on Edge of Screen (4K pass through probl

No SCCAHI, I have not had ‘non-powering on issue” that you are experiencing. As you can see on this thread, recent updates have created more problems than just the green vertical lines.

I have not installed the 2nd update since my system has been operating properly as long as I switch from Xbox and back to other devices. I feel lucky compared to others.

Is it just me, but why is it I picture the Engineering staff at Bose’s working out of a garage with a couple of consoles and an old TV? I’m amazed the consumer is asked to be a lab with this company.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 21, 2018

Re: Lifestyles 650 (and SoundTouch 300) Green Vertical Line on Edge of Screen (4K pass through probl

I've only the issue with the green line... So is there any Beta Firmware for the Lifestyle 650, which fixes the error with the green line ??

I'm at the newest public Firmware.

Highlighted
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Dec 23, 2017

I swore I was done with this post but am still interested to see new people jumping on.

If you are new to this problem please don’t drive yourself crazy. Read the entire thread and then decide to either bypass the 4K pass through or deal forever with the Green Line. Those two options, or returning the product are your only options.

All beta FW just caused more serious problems for those that tested it. Been silence from Bose lately on any new beta.

Again, my belief is that it’s a hardware problem. I’ll never know if I am correct but will happy to be proved wrong.

Good luck to those just starting with this issue.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 21, 2018

Yes I'm new to this.

I've the Lifestyle 650 2 Years now, but I've used the Bose with only a 1080p (Full-HD TV) and now I've a new 4K TV.

@flexiboy says, that there is a beta fix for the problem, right ?

And I will be happy with a new firmware, that is comming soon.. ?!

So I think its not a hardware issue, it can only be a software issue, because if I have the green Line, I press the Setup Button on the Bose Remote, show the setup menu from bose and switch back to the hdmi source.

Then the green line disappears.

Highlighted
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Dec 23, 2017

Okay, just trying to save you some time and frustration.

There are threads started well before this one about the Green Line. I started this one in Jan 2018 and I, and others, put alot of time and energy into pushing for a solution. Sometimes having to be very combative just to get a response. It’s still not fixed which indicates to me that it is more than a FW issue. I also have the 650 but have had a 4K TV from day one and had the Green Line the entire time before by-passing the 4K pass through for good. To add to this theory is the fact that any attempt to beta FW has literally caused more problems for most people, sometime frying HDMI’s.

My guess is that they will next ask you what model TV you have, compoments, etc.

Just an act to appear that there is work going on to fix this when by now, I would bet money they know it CAN’T be fixed.

Still sounds great though doesn’t it?! 😁
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hello geforce28,

Thank you for reaching out to me.

I do apologize you're frustrated with the green line as well. At this time there is no more beta testing since there were not good results during the testing as you may have read.

Engineering is currently still working on this to make sure it will resolve the issue. I will keep the community informed of any new developments on the green line issue.

Warm Regards,

Joel

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 21, 2018

Thank you.
I hope Bose is finding a Solution as soon as possible...

It cant be so compicated to fix this, because everytime i Go to Setup menu ans back to Source, the Green line disappeaers...
Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 25, 2018

Trust me after the beta updates I pray for the green line again! 

Come on Bose get your finger out.

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Apr 9, 2017

Hello All,

I just read all the new posts from the last time I was here. WOW!! thats all I have to say.

Jay you and I have been saying the same thing from the begining. It has to be HW. Though SW "could" fix it since it made it so much worse for most. I like you have been enjoying my system since I went directly to the tv. My only issue I have is an every so often pop but Im chalking that up to the comcast box and signal. I notice it really only when I am on a channel that has low sound and I have to turn up the volume. So I guess the sound signal had glitch. Since hardwired to the rear speakers since April I've also notice the sound is a little lower at times. Only noticed that after I did the calibration. Will try to do it again but like I said I'm just ejoying!

Well I just wanted to thank everyone who were testing and sorry. As to Joel and bose, this was my first full system and it has made me so sad about your product. I just hope all these new speakers coming out will not stop you from working on this system. Airplay 2 and apple music whould be nice for us too and just not the new soundbars and portables!???

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 21, 2018

The grenn line issue appears only on 4k Content, right ?

I've now ordered the HDFury Vertex to connect my 4k Box directly to TV and the second HDMI Output to the Bose.

The Vertex can clone the HDMI Output without any losses.

I think that is a good workaround... Bose have to fix this.