Highlighted
Nickdgo
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 1, 2018

Re: Lifestyles 650 Green Vertical Line on Edge of Screen (4K pass through problem)

I just found this link in reference to Samsung TV's. This would justify the problem we are having with the LS Console if it is correct. It corroborates our hypothesis that the 4k pass through has a problem. The information is not getting to the screen

http://support-us.samsung.com/cyber/popup/iframe/pop_troubleshooting_fr.jsp?modelname=UN55B7100WF&id...

Highlighted
JaymeW
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Dec 23, 2017

Re: Lifestyles 650 Green Vertical Line on Edge of Screen (4K pass through problem)

Hello,

I have the Sony XBR75Z9D TV. I have had three different TVs hooked to the system and the line has occurred on all of them.

Sony UBP-X800 4K Bluray player. Line has appeared on movies and home screen.

Also have the XBox One X. Line has occurred on the home screen and on games.

I have also had the line occur on my HDTV tuner from AT&T.

Everything has the latest firmware updates.

I have also occasionally had an issue with 4K blurays where they see to have colors switched, looks like blue and green. Usually removing the disc and re-inserting it corrects that.

Thanks!
Highlighted
2thDoc
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 28, 2018

Yea my tv always set to 16:9. So that won’t fix it. It’s def with Bose. Not the sources. It’s frustrating bc Bose isn’t cheap and to spend $3000 on a surround sound system should be flawless. So many bugs with the 600/650
Highlighted
JaymeW
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Dec 23, 2017

Same here as far as 16:9 although the picture with the green line is spot on.
Highlighted
Nickdgo
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 1, 2018

I have also had an issus with the Color. I forgot about that. While watching 4k Planet of the apes, there is an indoor scene that is very "orange", while tryign to switch video output on OPPO to correct the green line, the color all went "blue" 

Highlighted
JaymeW
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Dec 23, 2017

I hate to say this but it’s nice to at least know I’m not the only one. Have spent several hundred dollars changing HDMI cables and surge protector. Not to mention the time spent on this. Finally narrowed down to the Bose and if enough people chime in maybe it’ll get fixed.
Highlighted
JaymeW
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Dec 23, 2017

Hello everyone, I might have had a breakthrough and wanted to ask you all to try it and see if it works for you.  I spent about another hour messing around with settings and no matter what I did I kept getting the green line on my Bluray (movie this time but not on homescreen) and my XBox One X.

Then, instead of switching directly from source to source, I started selecting "TV" on the remote (on my remote it shows up right above Soundtouch).  You get a black screen that says "Your audio is active.  Use your remote to select source" (or something like that).  I found that when I went to this selection/screen in between switching sources (rather than going directly from XBox to Bluray for example) that the green line did not show up when I went to the new source.  I'm guessing maybe this clears the path or something so the signals aren't stepping on each other for a nano second.  I did this about 6-8 times and it seems to have resolved the green line issue.

Please give this a try and post if it works for you guys too.  If it does, I still wouldn't consider it a "fix" because you shouldn't have to do that, but at least it would be a way to not have to see the green line until this is resolved the right way.  Thanks!

Highlighted
2thDoc
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 28, 2018

Thank you so much for taking the initiative! Bose should be doing this. Hahaha. I’ll try this. I agree it’s annoying and we all spent a lot of money for these systems so we shouldn’t have to do extra steps to achieve perfect results. Hopefully Bose sees this thread and fixes the issue!

Highlighted
JaymeW
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Dec 23, 2017

I appreciate that but it was a fail.  I tried it again tonight and the green line, as well as the color issue I was having, was back.  The only thing I seemed to be able to figure out is that when I get the green line, or the color issue, I could make it go away by switching to the "TV" selection and then switching back.

Long story short, I've tried literally everything and am pretty diappointed that anyone has to deal with this.  For this amount of money it should operate flawlessly.  Please figure this out Bose!

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hello All,

Thank you very much for working with me on this and getting me all the details. I am escalating this now to engineering. If there is any additional requested information from engineering, we will reach out you.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Bose Support