Highlighted
Registered since

Dec 12, 2015

Linking devices to wave System 1V

Hi there, can anyone help me please?
i am not the most IT literate user and as such am struggling to understand how to link my devices ( iPads and iPhones - we have 8 within the family) to our new Bose Wave system 1V.
i thought we were connecting via wifi but should it be via Bluetooth. 
Can anyone explain ( step BT step please) how we should go about adding each of the devices to our new system please ?
many thanks for any help
thank you
Nick 

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 11, 2014

Re: Linking devices to wave System 1V

Hi Nick,

Bluetooth and Wi-Fi are two entirely different ways of connecting to the system wirelessly. You can use each for different types of tasks. We will describe them individually below:
Wi-Fi is the recommended default way to manage your speaker using these devices. For this you would need to install the SoundTouch app on each of your devices. You would want to use the same Log-in credentials (Email and password) to log in on each device. Using this method you can control the speaker's volume and specify what online streaming service the speaker will play. 
Bluetooth is a secondary means of connecting directly to one of your phones or tablets, and can only be used with one device at a time. Bluetooth connection allows you to play the sound from any app on that phone or tablet, rather than only the sources available in the SoundTouch app. This means that a wider variety of media like Youtube, games, or music stored only on a phone can be played.

The steps for pairing a device via Bluetooth can be seen here: (https://www.soundtouch.com/KnowledgeCenterView#!/feedtype=SINGLE_ARTICLE_DETAIL&id=kA1330000004O0oCA...
However it isn't necessary to do this for all 8 devices. The Wi-Fi connection through the app should be sufficient for most everyday use.

Hope this helps!