Highlighted
Animal
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jul 21, 2017

List of problems with new update

Hi there , I just want everyone who has had problems with the new update to make a list here so the mods and tech team can see what they are mine so far are as follows.
1- No bass. Have my base up to max and is making no difference to sound
2- When I run adaptiq when it comes to the bass test no sound is coming from sub only from the soundbar itself , what I mean is the bass sound test for the sub is being emitted from the soundbar not the sub.
3- My blue ray player is connected to the hdmi and after update i can turn it off. Every time I turn it off the bar turns it back on so have had to disconnect it from the soundbar if I want to turn it off.
4- Adaptiq works intermittently. What I mean is sometimes when I run it it works other times it doesn't.
If I get anymore issues I will list them here. Please chime in guys to list your problems on this thread.
4 REPLIES 4
magic100
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Jan 23, 2017

Re: List of problems with new update

I have these issues you highlighted since update:

1- No bass. Have my base up to max and is making no difference to sound
2- When I run adaptiq when it comes to the bass test no sound is coming from sub only from the soundbar itself , what I mean is the bass sound test for the sub is being emitted from the soundbar not the sub.
3- My blue ray player is connected to the hdmi and after update i can turn it off. Every time I turn it off the bar turns it back on so have had to disconnect it from the soundbar if I want to turn it off.

Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi all,

Thanks for the post.  It sounds like we will need to go through the steps of reconnecting the AM300 to the SoundTouch 300 soundbar.  Pairing instructions are on page 10 of the Owner's Manual.

Afterwards, please run AdaptiQ again.

Thanks,

Brandon

magic100
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Jan 23, 2017

Hi Brandon,

i was informed by Bose Technicians that they have realised this to be a major issue and the only fix is via firmware downgrade via usb into micro usb slot on the Bose ST300.

EVEN A TETHERED COMPUTER TO ST300 WILL NOT FIX IT.

The Bose Technicians in my Country are waiting for BOSE HEADOFFICE IN USA TO FINALLY REALISE THAT THIS IS AN ISSUE AND REQUIRES ANOTHER UPDATE TO FIX THE PROBLEM.

As you can see on so many threads the only fix seems to be the above.
Why can't you come to terms with the situation and at least publish a temporary fix solution [as above], until your smart engineers can role out a fix. Many people not on the Bose forum are already taking steps to return this Bose system. What a shame when a fix is available.

Animal
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jul 21, 2017

Then rerelease the old firmware again to us and we can download it via the app and wifi.