Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 25, 2016

Listen music on Soundtouch 10 from a Website on my laptop

I want to play music from a Website on my laptop (for exemple www.deezer.com) and then listen to it on my Sountouch 10 through Wifi. How can I ?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Re: Listen music on Soundtouch 10 from a Website on my laptop

Thanks for the post pxdw,

In order to play music from your computer you should download the Soundtouch app on your laptop. Click HERE and follow the instructions.

Hope this helps.

Tony

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 30, 2016

HI,

I bought the Soundtouch 10 as I thought you could stream you media to the soundtouch.  So If I log in to Absolute radio on my laptop I wanted to send the audio out to the Soundtouch over wi-fi. 

I can connect the Soundtouch to Absolute radio but I cannot login and get the better experience logging in provides, ie less adverts

As far as I know you cannot steam the audio from your PC to the Soundtouch over WiFi.  You can via bluetooth or via the Aux in but  not over WiFi.  ie connect it as your audio out device

IMHO this is s major miss selling by Bose 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 25, 2016

I think the problem is that the PC (or Mac) knows how to route its internal sound output to Bluetooth or aux, but it doesn't know anything about wi-fi in this context.  The app gives you access to a number of music sources, including (for Mac) your iTunes library on your Mac or through DLNA on network attached storage.

However, if you want to send any sound from your computer to any other output apart from the internal speakers, you must use the facilities provided by the computer: Bluetooth or the headphone jack.