cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stephenj
Registered since

Jan 5, 2016

Re: Long delay before airplay music heard on Bose Soundtouch portable

I should also mention that the lost connection happens both in Airplay mode and when using the Bose app and only when playing music from a Ape devise.It does not happen when using Pandora.
Lunkan
Registered since

Jan 8, 2016

I have the same exact issue. Although it always have been a bit slow to connect via airplay. Now, I don't even bother. It takes TOOOO long. Using Sound touch app work OK but not native Airplay.
Pls advise! The reason for me to buy Bose was Airplay.
Lunkan
Registered since

Jan 8, 2016

BTW, mostly streaming from iOS devices.
Marshyman
Registered since

Jan 10, 2016

I too have had this issue since the last update. The Bose environment I have has not had an issue for over a 18 months prior to this update. I am utilising Cisco Meraki Wireless environment. You state there was nothing directly aligned to AirPlay within your last update. Ok, well please state exactly what the update did please. There seems to be more technically capable people buying and using your products than Bose have developing the the applications. Please can you confirm was anything updated in the Wireless Networking components, this is where your developers may find an issue. Otherwise roll back the update or at least offer users the ability to roll back if they so wish. Otherwise I will be retrunng my Bose system to the retail store for a full refund.

fraho
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 6, 2015

I'm experiencing this problem too since the update before the current one. As this is the case with a rooted Airplay-enabled Android smartphone AND with my Macbook whilst nothing has changed within my network infrastructure, the reason for that can surely be found in the Soundtouch firmware!
DukeAl
Registered since

Dec 28, 2015

I have had this problem for months now but recently I was given this advice from BOSE  support in Norway; reset the BOSE Soundtouch system by first switching it off, then holding down the AUX-button for about 15 seconds. Once the system starts up again it will work without the extreme delay. I did this only yesterday so I have no idea if this is a lasting solution but at least it provides you a solution that is not very cumbersome to perform.
jimbolaya
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 4, 2016

From the BOSE customer service I received the note, that since March 1st there is a new Software Version (v10.90.51) available which should fix the problem.
I just installed it and I will now wait one week to see if the problem re-occurs or if it's fixed. You can install it by pressing both buttons "Volume -" and "4" together for 5 seconds.
jimbolaya
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 4, 2016

I have to admit I did not check the Firmware version after the "update" until now I realized that I've still got the 10.0.11 on my ST20 II.
The "update" took about three minutes during which a progress bar was displayed and it said that it's updateing. Somehow this update seems to have failed.
I re-tried it today: again it took about three minutes during which the progress bar and the update-messages where displayed but afterwards it's still got the 10.0.11.
Can anyone confirm that after the update your device really runs the firmware 10.90.51 or is it still on 10.0.11? the firmware version of the device can be shown in the smartphone app or using one of those shortcuts of the device itself (pressing vol- and any of the number buttons)
Bose_-_George_P
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 11, 2014

HI Jimbolaya,
10.90.51 is a recent change made to the interface version on the SoundTouch systems. The correct Software version for your hardware is still 10.0.11 for now. 
This minor update was not meant have any impact on audio playback from AirPlay or other sources. We apologize for any information you received to the contrary.

jimbolaya
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 4, 2016

Hi George,
thanks for that information. I will inform the BOSE customer support about that and point them to this thread.
I know that pressing Vol- and 4 simultaneously for five seconds to perform a "fake" update is a workaround to make AirPlay work for some days but I'm looking for a permanent fix (beause my Soundtouch device sits on top of my cupboard and I don't want to grab a ladder each time to apply such a workaround once a week).
Can you confirm that as of today there is not yet a permanent fix to solve the problem of the AirPlay delay? Or is there already a fix which is about to be released this week?
Rgds, Jan