Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 17, 2016

Re: Long delay before airplay music heard on Bose Soundtouch portable

I am having the same problem. I would love to get the patch as well.

Cheers,

Kevin

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 17, 2016

I have done all that has been recorded in the post above... I too am having significant delays, yes three to four minutes is not uncommon, when I attempt to connect my SoundTouch 20 through airplay to my itunes. Everything is set up the same way as it has been for the last year, but now it delays connection significantly! I have also noticed the same occur when I try to airplay a podcast from my iphone to my "20"! What is the answer to this problem?  I'd like it to work as it use to... 

Highlighted
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Jan 20, 2015

Hi Brandon_M,

After installing the patch you send me, the Airplay issue seems to be repaired. I will have plenty of chances to try it again in this holiday's season. Thank You very much!

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 3, 2017

Hi Brent, I am having the exact same problem with the very, very long delay in my itunes music playing on both my Bose 20 and my Bose portable wifi speakers. Could you please send me the patch as well or post it where we can get it. Thanks.

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 31, 2016

I did a factory reset and everything worked.

Here's the link to the manual = (http://worldwide.bose.com/library/assets/pdf/guides/soundtouch_portable/en/owg_e n_soundtouch_portable.pdf) Page 26.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 30, 2016

Brent,

I am having this problem too with my original SoundTouch 20 & SoundTouch Portable.

This is highly frustrating. I shouldn't have to download a custom firmware for an issue that has been around for A YEAR.

I got an email from Bose Technical Support with a link to download the firmware but this link takes me to SoundTouch EFE Home portal which does not appear to be intended for end users and the link is invalid or inaccessible.

I replied to the technical-support@bose.com email on 30th Dec and have heard nothing back since.

Can you send me a link to where I can actually download this firmware?

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 28, 2016

This was fixed with a November firmware only to be broken on the next firmware update again.  I now have minutes of delay prior to the airplay working (if it works at all).  Bose, can you fix this firmware yet again?!  This is happening on two Bose Soundtouch Wave Music systems.

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 7, 2017

I had been following this link for more than a year expecting to find a permanent fix for the issue at some point.

Looks like it is not going to happen.

Dear experts at BOSE:

DO you have an ETA for a permanent fix?

Will you buy back/ replace my faulty device?

I am tired of reseting, doing firmware upgrades, and performing whatever spot fixes you guys had.

Since this is anOEM issue, i would like to hear from BOSE what is their roadmap to win back all the 10000+ disgruntled customers.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 28, 2016

"This was fixed with a November firmware only to be broken on the next firmware update again.  I now have minutes of delay prior to the airplay working (if it works at all).  Bose, can you fix this firmware yet again?!  This is happening on two Bose Soundtouch Wave Music systems."

Yes - but the issue was reintroduced in the very next update.  Can you get the code in the November update and make sure it is in all future updates?!  I have the same issue on (2) Bose Wave radios.  Very annoying.

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 10, 2017

What exaclty does the fix do? Whe I turn on Airplay Optimization, performs the sound touch a restart every night if yes on what time? Thank you