Daveyp1127
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 9, 2017

Long delay in playing radio stations in Tunein

I have a Soundtouch 10 and have gone through the issue as others have of moving from Internet Radio to Tunein. Having done this, is anyone else experiencing a long delay when selecting or switching between internet radio stations within Tunein. I can wait upto 3 minutes moving from one Tunein preset to another. Is this a known problem Bose? and is there a fix?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Long delay in playing radio stations in Tunein

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Joel_D

Hello All,

Thank you for all the posts.

We have any update regarding station delay and audio quality located HERE.

In response to customer feedback on stream quality using TuneIn on SoundTouch, we have launched an update to address delays in playback and improve the overall stream quality for thousands of stations. This update should now be live on your SoundTouch devices.

There will be no SoundTouch application or system updates required.

You may need to close and re-open the app and stream if you don't notice an improvement.

If you're still experiencing any issues with a delay or audio quality, let us know.

Warm Regards,

Joel - Community Support

9 REPLIES 9
Walterh
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 22, 2018

TuneIn problem with new App.

I am experiencing a TWO hour delay on my radio listening

to programs and news. I get exactly 2hr old programs. Listening to news at 10:00 give me news at 08:00 and so forth. Did only get about 15sec delay when it was possible to use

Internet radio. Why the change over, can´t you restore the internet radio connection.

Hope this gets fixed ASAP.

Daveyp1127
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 9, 2017

I've found since the update for speaker and soundtouch app 2a few days ago (19th Nov), the delay has gone for me here in the UK. It is a big update that means you need to set up your speaker again, but they have removed Internet Radio and in the community pages I noticed they posted an apology about the poor handling of the switchover which caused many people issues. If you select the 'BBC News' service in Tunein, that is not radio but a catch up service for previos hourly bulletins.

Taygeto
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 25, 2018

Similar issues for me after the switch to TuneIn for internet radio. I am experiencing 16-17 min delay, which is extremely annoying when listening to live radio. This issue did not occur with the old internet radio, nor does it happen in the TuneIn smartphone app, so the issue is really specific to the Soundtouch software.
walter@internet.is
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 25, 2018

Hi Tayego, I have tried all the advice I have seen on the discussion sites and no luck I still have exactly two hour delay on my radio since TuneIn was forced up on my SoundTouch 30. I have not seen any comments from Bose support team yet. Hope they are sniffing these comments. It is really annoying not beiing able to use the 500$ radio investment.
Daveyp1127
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 9, 2017

Hi Walter, that sounds a much longer delay than most other people. As mentioned my delay has now gone after the latest update. I would make sure you're running the latest software update on both your speaker and App, and then directly contact Bose about your issue (the first thing they will do is make sure your running the latest code). Hope you get it resolved as I find the Bose system better than the Sonos range in many ways, but their software can be a bit flakey sometimes.

walter@internet.is
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 25, 2018

Hi Daveyp, thank you for your comment. When I unplug my ST and replug I think it seeks the latest update for the speekers and new installs updates or am I wrong. What is the correct speaker update install? I have the latest app update ver. 20.0.3
Hope to hear again from you.
Rgds.
-w
Daveyp1127
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 9, 2017

HI Walter. You're right iin the fact the Soundtuoch device should offer you an update if you need it. You can check your software by going into your settings menu and select about, or go into speaker settings and if your speaker is up to date the 'update' button will be greyed out. I'm running 20.0.6 on my Soundtouch 10, and 20.0.3 on the app. If you are on both of those then I would message bose support direct if you are still getting massive delays.

Highlighted
walter@internet.is
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 25, 2018

Hi Daveyp, thank you for your advice followed them to the letter and ´Vola´ it worked

now my beloved Bose SoundTouch works perfectly hurrah hurrah.

Thank you again,

Have a wonderful coming holiday season.

Walterh.

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Joel_D

Hello All,

Thank you for all the posts.

We have any update regarding station delay and audio quality located HERE.

In response to customer feedback on stream quality using TuneIn on SoundTouch, we have launched an update to address delays in playback and improve the overall stream quality for thousands of stations. This update should now be live on your SoundTouch devices.

There will be no SoundTouch application or system updates required.

You may need to close and re-open the app and stream if you don't notice an improvement.

If you're still experiencing any issues with a delay or audio quality, let us know.

Warm Regards,

Joel - Community Support