Highlighted
Suresh 2505
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 29, 2018

Looking for advise

Hi
I'm linving in Dubai. I have soundtouch 30. I recently visited Bose showroom and had look of smart home speaker 500 with built in Alexa app. Hope you aware that in these location there is no Amazon and no Alexa. Is it advisable to replace my soundtouch 30 to home speaker 500. What is the big difference between these. What are the technical and listening experience ?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Suresh 2505
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 29, 2018

Re: Looking for advise

Author Accepted Answer selected by Suresh 2505
Dear Tony
Thank you for your response but being a non techie lay man I don't understand much.
My simple question to you is it advisable to replace my soundtouch 30 to home speaker 500. ( Please note there are no Alexa and Amazon hence though there is a provision in home speaker 500 we can't.
One more query what are all the difference between Bose music and soundtouch app excluding Alexa feature.
7 REPLIES 7
Suresh 2505
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 29, 2018

Dear Moderator... Can u plz respond on this

Hi Suresh,

Thanks for posting. The Bose Home Speaker 500, along with the Bose Soundbar 500 and Bose Soundbar 700 (and more products coming over time) are the new smart speakers from Bose that includes new acoustics and Alexa built in(where available), and are compatible with the new Bose Music app for setup and control of integrated Wi-Fi® music services. Bose SoundTouch speakers are a broader family of Wi-Fi speakers that provide Bose quality sound with easy access to your music. SoundTouch products use the Bose SoundTouch app for setup and control of integrated Wi-Fi music services. SoundTouch speakers do not have Alexa built in, although they may be controlled by voice using separate Amazon Alexa devices like the Amazon Echo and Echo Dot. Regarding acoustic performance, the Bose Home Speaker 500 produces similar loudness and bass performance to the Bose SoundTouch 20 speaker, but with much more full stereo separation and in a product size similar to that of the much smaller SoundTouch 10 speaker.

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

Suresh 2505
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 29, 2018

Author Accepted Answer selected by Suresh 2505
Dear Tony
Thank you for your response but being a non techie lay man I don't understand much.
My simple question to you is it advisable to replace my soundtouch 30 to home speaker 500. ( Please note there are no Alexa and Amazon hence though there is a provision in home speaker 500 we can't.
One more query what are all the difference between Bose music and soundtouch app excluding Alexa feature.

Hi Suresh 2505,

Thanks for responding. Honestly, I can't really tell you whether or not you should update your system. That's up to you. What I can tell you is that I personally tried the HomeSpeaker 500 and I love the sound and the features it offers. To answer your second question, the Bose Music app is used to control our new line of connected products ( its similar to the SoundTouch app in that manner). Here is a link to the Google Play page that lists the features in detail.

Bose Music

I encourage you to drop into either a Bose store or an authorized reseller to test for yourself.

Regards,

Tony G

Suresh 2505
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 29, 2018

Thank you
rickatk
Noisy Narrator
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

@Suresh 2505 wrote:
Hi
I'm linving in Dubai. I have soundtouch 30. I recently visited Bose showroom and had look of smart home speaker 500 with built in Alexa app. Hope you aware that in these location there is no Amazon and no Alexa. Is it advisable to replace my soundtouch 30 to home speaker 500. What is the big difference between these. What are the technical and listening experience ?

Hello Suresh:

A few things to consider...

If Alexa is not available in your area then upgrading your speaker is not necessarily advisable as Alexa capability appears to be the main difference between the SoundTouch 30 and the Smart Home 500 speaker. 

The SoundTouch 30 is a very good sounding speaker that should give you years of enjoyment.

If however you found the Home Speaker 500 to sound better, that may be a motivation to upgrade. 

The difference between the SoundTouch app and the Smart Home app seems to be more about running the newer speaker line than additional features. 

Suresh 2505
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 29, 2018

Hello Rickatk
Ton of Thanks to you clear and straight guidance and reply. Tc