p_kerttu
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 9, 2017

Loosing connection soundtouch app

I have problems with the phone app intermittently loosing connection with the soundtouch 10 speakers when around them. When the app is searching for speakers it can go on for more than 5 minutes and I can still use the buttons on top of the speakers to change between radio and Spotify channels. So the speakers 10m away from router has good connection but the app considders phone out of range, but i have really good connection with 100mbps. App works fine when phone is within 5m of router.
Sometimes i cannot switch control between different iPhones.

I have 2 paired soundtouch 10 with Apple AirPort extreme 10m away with Apple express working as Wi-FI extender 12m away from router. One of the soundtouch is next to the express. The other 2m closer to the router.

No encryption on Wi-FI. Good connection 20m away. Tried different setups w/wo express extender and w/wo bt. Same issue.

Thoughts?
7 REPLIES 7
p_kerttu
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 9, 2017

Re: Loosing connection soundtouch app

Someone else must see the same issues...

Hi p_kerttu, 

I'm sorry to hear that this is happening. Curiously, have you tried unplugging your speaker and router from power for 30 seconds and re-testing? Are you connected to your router's 2.4 or 5 GHz band? Can you try connecting to the 5 GHz band and see if your issues clear up? If there's something interfering on the 2.4 band, this should resolve it. Please let us know! 

Thank you 

p_kerttu
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 9, 2017

Yes power off etc several times. Moved extender closer to router and measured strength with ok results i the entire house. Have not reconfigured router.

App still looses connection regulary but base station moderatly better. Problem still exist at least every day.
p_kerttu
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 9, 2017

Case closed for me. I returned the speakers. Too much of an hassle.
Highlighted
p_kerttu
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 9, 2017

But i want to add that its great speakers and the app functionality is also great.

However connection did not work for me but does so for compeeting systems.
jmkubler
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 8, 2017

The Bose Soundtouch app for iOS has been very unreliable for a long time. I started using it when it was introduced a couple of years ago. However, today I installed the latest update (November 28, 2017) and my initial impression is very encouraging. For the first time I am able to adjust the volume of the group (total of 5 speakers) or any single speaker and it works with practically no delay and every time! The app has continously improved aver time and no for the first time I feel that is is working as I was expecting.

jmkubler,

Thank you for your feedback! We're glad to hear that the newest update provided these improvements for you! We hope you continue to enjoy your speakers! 

Let us know if you have any questions or concerns in the future. 

Best regards,

Brian