Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nboorn
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 3, 2015

Loosing connection

I have had a soundtouch 20 for a few months, and not had any connection issues, however over the past 48 hours, the connection has been dropping out, and therefore music stopping. I still have full wifi connection on laptop/phone/tablet, so it appears there is not an issue with the wifi. I have tried different types of music (internet radio & playing stored music on NAS via mobile app and laptop), but still drops connection.
I have reset the soundtouch, reset the NAS and reset the wifi router. I have also re-installed the wifi connection.
Any advice/guidance would be much appreciated, as I feel like throwing it out the window right now!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
This widget could not be displayed.
nboorn
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 3, 2015

Re: Loosing connection

I have repositioned my wifi router to a higher and more open location, and the RSSI is now good. So far it appears to be better connectivity.
Hopefully this has resolved the problem. Thank you for your help.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Bose_-_George_P
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 11, 2014

Hi nboorn, 

Can you tell us what RSSI the SoundTouch 20 speaker is reporting currently? You can find details on how to check this using the article below:

Determining the received signal strength
Let us know what you find!

nboorn
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 3, 2015

Hi George,
The RSSI signal strength is Fair
Nick
Bose_-_George_P
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 11, 2014

Nick,
We appreciate the info. This is the first thing we would want to look at then. As you probably realize, RSSI is a rating of your Wi-Fi signal strength.A "Poor" or "Fair" index rating may be weak enough to cause the intermittent playback you are seeing For correct performance we suggest positioning the speaker where it will report "Good" or "Great". Alternately you could try the ST 20 speaker connected directly by Ethernet. Please test this out and let us know if it has any impact on the problem.
Thank you.
This widget could not be displayed.
nboorn
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 3, 2015

I have repositioned my wifi router to a higher and more open location, and the RSSI is now good. So far it appears to be better connectivity.
Hopefully this has resolved the problem. Thank you for your help.

View solution in original post

Bose_-_George_P
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 11, 2014

We're glad to hear this helped! Enjoy your music!