Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cheesie
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 5, 2016

Losing Internet Radio intermittent ST300II

Why do I keep losing internet radio when the wifi and broadband is working fine on ipad and pc?  
2 REPLIES 2
shawn_o1
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Jul 14, 2015

Re: Losing Internet Radio intermittent ST300II

Hi Vinecot,
I am sorry to hear the internet radio is dropping out while you are listening through the Bose app. From what you have described it sounds like the speaker may be getting a very low WI-FI signal. Please check the RSSI (signal strength) in your Bose app. 
Using the app select Explore - Settings - About - Then select your speaker.
If the signal is poor or fair try moving the speaker closer to the router until you receive a good or better signal then test it again.
There are a few other simple steps I would recommend to see if it may resolve the issue if the signal strength is not a problem. I would recommend resetting your router and speaker.
To reset the router unplug just the power cord for 1 minute. To reset ye SoundTouch 30 II speaker :
Turn the system off
On the system, push and hold the AUX button for 15 seconds until a white bar goes across the front display of the speaker.
Once the router is back up and you have a solid white WI-FI symbol on the speaker display test the internet radio. If you still have intermittent results try moving the speaker closer to the router and test other sources like stored music and Pandora for example.
I hope this helps.
Shawn
Cheesie
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 5, 2016

Re: Losing Internet Radio intermittent ST300II

Hi Shawn
Thanks for your response, yes the  Wi-Fi signal is poor so that is the problem. Will go through your options for resolution and am sure the problem will be fixed.
Much appreciate your help.
Vinecot