KyleHancock
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 19, 2017

Lossless HD Audio Streaming Options for Soundtouch?

Hello,

Out of the currently supported Wireless Streaming providers (Deezer, Spotify, Amazon Music, etc.), do any of these stream at CD Quality or FLAC quality?  I know that Sonos users have an option for Deezer elite, and I'm willing to switch streaming providers if I can get the best sound quality possible.  Thanks!

Current streaming subscriptions:  Google Music, Spotify, Amazon Music, Deezer

Kyle

Bose Products Owned:  Soundtouch 20, Soundtouch 10, QuietComfort 20, Acoustimass 10 Series Home Theatre, Cinemate 15, Soundtouch Wireless Link Adapter (2), Soundlink Color

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Joel_D
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: SoundTouch and Lossless

Author Accepted Answer selected by Joel_D

Hello antfosfosant,

Thanks for posting and the questions.

I can help you with understanding what each music streaming service offers for quality through your SoundTouch systems. 

• Deezer: Up to 320 Kbps (MP3) depending on the service’s stream 
  • iHeart Radio: Up to 96 Kbps for custom stations; 48-64 Kbps for live stations 
  • Pandora: 128 Kbps for all account types 
  • Spotify: Up to 320 Kbps (OGG) depending on the service's stream

The following are supported for music libraries added to SoundTouch from either iTunes or Windows Media Player. However, FLAC file types are only supported through NAS drive music library.

• MP3* 
  • AAC (excluding protected files)* 
  • M4A (including Apple lossless [ALAC])* 
  • WMA (excluding WMA lossless)* 
  • OGG (Spotify only)* 
  • FLAC (16 bit/44.1 kHz — stereo files only) - only supported through NAS drive

*No known bitrate limitations with these formats. Sample rates limited to 96 kHz max

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
antfosfosant
Participant
Registered since

Sep 19, 2016

SoundTouch and Lossless

Appreciate this may have been covered elsewhere long ago, but can’t find a definitive up to date view.

I have a SoundTouch 300, and two SoundTouch 20’s, a Lifestyle 650 system and an SA5 amp.

All work fine with ST app.  

I have a Deezer Account and stream over Wi-fi through the ST app.

I am in the UK.  Is there anyway I can get lossless quality over the ST system?  

If i subscribe to e.g. Tidal, I could stream over Bluetooth but my understanding is that that loses the lossless quality.  Equally, only two of the ST items have Airplay.

Am I onto a lost cause?  Willing to change from Deezer to something else if needed.

Joel_D
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: SoundTouch and Lossless

Author Accepted Answer selected by Joel_D

Hello antfosfosant,

Thanks for posting and the questions.

I can help you with understanding what each music streaming service offers for quality through your SoundTouch systems. 

• Deezer: Up to 320 Kbps (MP3) depending on the service’s stream 
  • iHeart Radio: Up to 96 Kbps for custom stations; 48-64 Kbps for live stations 
  • Pandora: 128 Kbps for all account types 
  • Spotify: Up to 320 Kbps (OGG) depending on the service's stream

The following are supported for music libraries added to SoundTouch from either iTunes or Windows Media Player. However, FLAC file types are only supported through NAS drive music library.

• MP3* 
  • AAC (excluding protected files)* 
  • M4A (including Apple lossless [ALAC])* 
  • WMA (excluding WMA lossless)* 
  • OGG (Spotify only)* 
  • FLAC (16 bit/44.1 kHz — stereo files only) - only supported through NAS drive

*No known bitrate limitations with these formats. Sample rates limited to 96 kHz max

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support

View solution in original post