Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 29, 2016

Low resolution album art on NAS library via Soundtouch app

Have a Soundtouch 10 and a WD MyCloud with a copy of my music library onboard (it's iTunes based).
If I use the built in music service for the computers library, the album art displays at a normal resolution. If I use the NAS drive library, they turn out at a Low Res (despite having the same files available on the drive as my offline library).

Is anyone else having this problem? Is there a viable solution to it. 

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Re: Low resolution album art on NAS Soundtouch app

Hi calandirwings, 

Can you try to remove your music library, reboot your computer, power cycle your NAS drive, Bose system and router, then re-add your library and re-test to see if this helps? The artwork itself sounds to be fine as it is appearing normally when you add an iTunes library. 

Thank you 

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 29, 2016

Have done as you suggested and there is still no change. There doesn't seem to be an issue copying over an iTunes folder (with all media files, art, and library files) into corresponding folder on the drive. Are there other solutions?

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi calandirwings, 

I'd like to escalate this issue up to our engineering team on my end. I will send you a private message asking some specifics about your SoundTouch account that will be helpful to us.  In addition, If you could re-create the issue and capture application logs, that will be very helpful in resolving this. The steps to gather logs live HERE. Once you have the logs, please upload them along with 1 song (along with its artwork) that is experiencing this issue HERE. Please also upload a picture with how the artwork looks on your end, if you could. 

Thank you! 

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 29, 2016

Hi,

I spent the last few days trying to find causes and work arounds. Bascially, the NAS drive I have is a WD MyCloud, which ships out with a very basic version of a Twonky Media server that will ALWAYS use a low res version of album art. The paid version of the server on a computer has the options to change this, as well as reorder the library as it appears on the Soundtouch app, but it can't be put onto the NAS drive. So it doesn't appear to be an issue with Soundtouch, which is a small relief (but a bit crap if you use a WD NAS drive). Oh well.

Thanks anyway!

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

I'm very sorry to hear that. Please let us know if you have any additional questions. 

Thank you ​​​​​​​