Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rsslola
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 21, 2017

MAC adress for Bose ST WLA

Hi there,  to connect the bose Sound Touch Wireless Link Adapter (D0034C ) to my network, I need the MAC adress.

Does some body knows how to find it ??

Thank you in advance

regards, Martin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jaybo41
Advocate
Registered since

Dec 23, 2016

Re: MAC adress for Bose ST WLA

Author Accepted Answer selected by rsslola

I used an app called iNet Pro (iOS) to get the MAC address for SoundTouch as I too have MAC filtering enabled for my network.  I can't, for the life of me, understand why Bose would not include the MAC address on a printed label near the S/N.  A minor issue that is easily overcome.  

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
MykelNeiD
Mentor
Registered since

Jun 7, 2017

Well, you won't be able to read out the mac adress unless it is either written on some piece of paper, which in case of bose is kinda not happening, or you actually establish some sort of physical connection network cable/wifi (direct?!) give it an ip adress and maybe take some 3rd party tool to monitor the connection. Currently don't have the time to do further testing on this. Maybe someone else knows better?

JustAnotherUser
Collaborator
Registered since

Aug 13, 2017

I presume this is because you have enabled mac filtering on your wireless. Would suggest turning the filtering off, connecting the ST speaker then looking in your DHCP leases to find the mac address.

rsslola
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 21, 2017

Thanks,  I am still trying .... 🙂

rsslola
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 21, 2017

same to you, thanks, I continue trying... 🙂

Brandon_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi all,

There are a few different ways to get the MAC address from the SoundTouch speaker.  The easiest and quickest method would be what @JustAnotherUser recommended (turn off MAC filtering, connect system, observe MAC address.)  Another way would be to connect to the system with a smartphone or tablet during setup, then observe the MAC address using either an app that can report the BSSID, or there may be a way to locate this on your phone.

If you have any more questions, please let me know.

Best Regards,

Brandon

jaybo41
Advocate
Registered since

Dec 23, 2016

Author Accepted Answer selected by rsslola

I used an app called iNet Pro (iOS) to get the MAC address for SoundTouch as I too have MAC filtering enabled for my network.  I can't, for the life of me, understand why Bose would not include the MAC address on a printed label near the S/N.  A minor issue that is easily overcome.  

View solution in original post

Brian_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi jaybo41,

Thanks for sharing the solution that worked best for you! We appreciate the feedback and will certainly pass it along. 

For anyone else still looking for a way to find the MAC address while NOT currently connected to a network, please try the following steps:

Start by resetting the SoundTouch Wireless Link:

1. Unplug the power cable.
  2. Press and hold the Control button while reconnecting the power cable.
  3. Release the Control button when the Wi-Fi® indicator is solid amber.

Next, connect to the Bose setup network:

• On a mobile device or computer, navigate to your available Wi-Fi networks
  • Find the Bose setup network and connect to it. 

Next, discover the MAC address:

• Open a browser and enter the following in the address bar: 192.0.2.1:8090/info
  • Press Enter
  • This should open a page that looks similar to this:
  • You should be able to find your MAC address within the XML code. 
  • Note: The above example shows TWO MAC addresses. This is because the example was from a SoundTouch system that utilizes both Wi-Fi and Ethernet. Each would get their own MAC address. Since the SoundTouch Wireless Link Adapter only uses Wi-Fi, you should only see one MAC address. 

I hope this helps! Please let me know if anyone runs into any issues!

Best regards,

Brian

rsslola
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 21, 2017

Hi everybody,

@ jaybo41,  iNet Pro was helpful and I foud the adress - Muchas Gracias

@Brian_M ,  many numbers and Letters but no MAC adress

@ all the others - thanks again for help

@ Bose:  never again Bose ST WLA.  although got MAC adress and device appears in my Red, was not possible to configure and use all features.

Even Bluetooth can not be connected.  For € 15,- I´ll buy an bluetooth receiver which is working easier.

It is definitly too complicated getting the device runnig !!

jaybo41
Advocate
Registered since

Dec 23, 2016

@rsslola Glad you found the app useful and glad to help others!  I've used that app for monitoring devices connected to networks both at home and on other networks.  It is quite handy!  Not something I use frequently, but nice to have it in your back pocket when you need to determine a MAC address of a device and view all connected devices!