Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VP
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Registered since

Dec 13, 2016

Mesh network soundtouch problems

We have a orbi gigabit mesh network & incredible speed throughout the house but the soundtouch app is constantly searching for speakers & not letting us scroll through the dozen or so zones we have.

Anyone other users working off of an orbi mesh network?

Seems like others have had positive results with eeros mesh network. I’m considering switching out to that option though it’s going to cost me another $500 in just equipment plus the time wasted of switching everything over in our smartphone. With years of terrible unreliable soundtouch system I don’t see another solution.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
5 REPLIES 5
rickatk
Expert
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

Re: Mesh network soundtouch problems

@VP wrote:
>We have a orbi gigabit mesh network & incredible speed throughout the house but the soundtouch app is constantly searching for speakers & not letting us scroll through the dozen or so zones we have.

That sounds promising now that Apple has dropped router production.

>Seems like others have had positive results with eeros mesh network. I’m considering switching out to that option though it’s going to cost me another $500 in just equipment plus the time wasted of switching everything over in our smartphone. With years of terrible unreliable soundtouch system I don’t see another solution.

Try taking your ST speaker account off line (sign out) and reloading on to your new network. If that doesn’t work try a factory reset of the speaker and start anew and join your new network. While a bit of a pain sometimes this is necessary when you are trying to get your ST speakers up and running on new network gear.

Bose telephone support is good in this area.  

BTW have you checked the signal strength to the Bose ST speaker?

mpf541
Advocate
Registered since

Oct 5, 2014

I have an orbi system and right now it has been working properly with the soundtouch speakers. I am not having any issues right now. Not saying that the orbi has never given me problems but my soundtouch speakers have always connected. 

Tony_A
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Hi VP

Thanks for writing in!  Sorry to hear about the issues, but I'd be glad to help!

We've seen some great luck using the Orbi systems, and I certainly want to help narrow down the issues for you.

Can you please provide your internet service provider?

Was this working in the past?  

Which country are you located in?

Let us know so we can hep resolve the issue!

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

VP
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Registered since

Dec 13, 2016

Thanks Tony!

Verizon Fios, Quantum Gateway (gigabit speed) used as a modem (pass through), orbi router & satellites producing the wireless mesh network.

New York, USA

Using both iPhone & iPads scrolling through the various zones is nearly impossible & a few of the zones that do come up are incredibly unreliable, especially the older Sa4. The newer sa5’s come up more frequently but just switching the app to pick up a call or answer a text and trying to return to the soundtouch app knocks most zones of and the app again fails to allow us to scroll through zones or just crashes all together.
Tony_A
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Hi VP

Thanks for getting back to me. We've seen in the past with certain internet service providers that they could be implementing a web redirect service that has caused some system detection issues.  For Verizon, if you could go HERE and click "What is this page" in the top right, it will give you an option to opt out of this service.  Once you do, I would recommend rebooting the modem/router/access points to allow the changes.  Can we test this out to see if stabilizes the detection of the speakers?

Warm Regards,

Tony A