Jmac61
Participant
Registered since

Dec 2, 2018

Missing Tune-in radio station on SoundTouch Portable wi-fi

After the recent changes to the systems, I have two soundouch units that updated just fine.

My smaller soundtouch portable would not allow my computer to connect even though I had it working on the local wifi.

Through trying to do an update or reset without the manual. ( found it after )

I started the manual update without thinking. The unit went dead.

What are my options now?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jmac61
Participant
Registered since

Dec 2, 2018

Re: Missing Tune-in radio station on SoundTouch Portable wi-fi

Author Accepted Answer selected by Jmac61

Hello All:

It is nice when something works out. I hope this helps others.

I left the unit without power, even though it was on battery, and eventually I was able to press and hold the aux button and it came back up. When I say press the aux button; it was not a casual press. I held the button down for quite a while and then to my satisfaction the unit cam back up.

I can only guess that the unit did not get a manual update so eventually the unit cam back to the original setup.  Once this was completed I was able to get the unit to talk to my computer during setup by making sure I sed the same wifi setup. ( My router has the option of two )

All is well that ends well as they say.

Still it would have been better if there was some kind of support. Maybe even an online chat.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Jmac61
Participant
Registered since

Dec 2, 2018

Author Accepted Answer selected by Jmac61

Hello All:

It is nice when something works out. I hope this helps others.

I left the unit without power, even though it was on battery, and eventually I was able to press and hold the aux button and it came back up. When I say press the aux button; it was not a casual press. I held the button down for quite a while and then to my satisfaction the unit cam back up.

I can only guess that the unit did not get a manual update so eventually the unit cam back to the original setup.  Once this was completed I was able to get the unit to talk to my computer during setup by making sure I sed the same wifi setup. ( My router has the option of two )

All is well that ends well as they say.

Still it would have been better if there was some kind of support. Maybe even an online chat.

View solution in original post

Brandon_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi Jmac61,

Thank you for the post, and thanks for posting your resolution as well!  

For future reference, if you wish to obtain immediate assistance you can contact your local support center via phone, chat, or text.

Best Regards,

Brandon - Community Support