MikWr
Participant
Registered since

Jul 24, 2020

Multiple Soundtouch speakers and spotify connectivity issue

I have 2x soundtouch 10 1x soundtouch 30 and 1x soundtouch link. The link and 1x 10 are visible as devices in the Spotify app. Those can be selected in soundtouch app with the button (music note) The other 10 and 30 cannot be seen in Spotify but can connect with airplay. When setting up all units it only finds 5g network not regular 2g 

I have reconnected all units to the same wifi. Reinstalled Spotify and Soundtouch apps. What are the next steps to be able to see all the speakers as available devices though soundtouch?

3 REPLIES 3
phthomas71
Collaborator
Registered since

Feb 17, 2017

Re: Multiple Soundtouch speakers and spotify connectivity issue

We’ve been having the same problem for months — Spotify is less reliable on our SoundTouch speakers than Pandora or other services. I’ve spoken with Bose, and they say they’ve not heard about it and it’s not likely. Sad (happy) to hear you’re having a similar experience. Let’s me know I’m not crazy.

Not sure what to say. I’ve spent dozens of hours troubleshooting this for several months. Sadly, Bose denies publicly there are problems, does nothing privately to fix it, leaving us with very expensive BRICKS.

These so-called smart speakers are pretty stupid.

Keith_L
Community Manager

Hi All,

Thanks for posting and contributing to the discussion!

@MikWr, It's weird that only some of your speakers are showing as available in the Spotify app. Do they all show as available in the SoundTouch app? Are you able to play music from Spotify to them using the SoundTouch app?

It's also odd they are only finding the 5G network when you are setting them up. Do you have separate names for your 2.4G and 5G bands on your router? 

As your speakers will be connected to the 5G band, do you also have your phone connected to this band when you are trying to play to the speakers? For the best communication between the app and the speakers, they will all want to be on the same band.

@phthomas71, Are you also trying to use Spotify from the Spotify app, or are you using the SoundTouch app when you do this? 

What I would recommend you both do to start with is a reset of your router. To do this you will want to disconnect it from the power for at least 30 seconds to 1 minute, then plug it back in and allow it to reboot and reconnect.

I look forward to hearing from you both.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
phthomas71
Collaborator
Registered since

Feb 17, 2017

Hi Keith --

I've reset both my modem and my wireless router, as requested, and it doesn't resolve this situation. As for your question, I try first to use Spotify through my SoundTouch app. When that is unreliable, I occasionally try through the Spotify app itself. More often than not, however, I use Pandora which seems more reliable.

In general though, I'm incredibly disappointed with my Bose SoundTouch system and would never recommend it to other people.

For reasons I cannot explain, at least 2-3 of my speakers don't work reliably. I've spent hours on the phone with Bose, eero and Optimum. My internet service is 300MB. I'm in a semi-rural area, so signal interference is not a problem. I've manually set internet addresses in my eero network settings, since my speakers aren't traveling around my house. Nothing has helped.

The only thing I've noticed consistently is that the RSS signal for my speakers regularly report as "poor" even when my eero app shows a very strong wifi signal with the device.

The whole idea of wireless speakers is great, but the speakers are nothing but power-eating bricks when the wireless signals aren't reliable. It's incredibly frustrating -- a frequent reminder that I wasted a ton of money on poorly designed equipment.

My last-ditch effort is getting a combination modem and router. I'll try running my Bose speakers on the modem's wifi and keep everything else on my eero. If that helps, I'll share it with the community. I'm not looking forward to the prospect of switching wifi networks to control my SoundTouch system, but I'll deal with it if that's what it takes to salvage my investment in this equipment.

I have lemons. Let's hope I can make some lemonade.

All the best.

Paul