boagger
Participant
Registered since

Aug 21, 2020

Multiple speakers problem

Hi

I have two Soundtouch 10 speakers.

In the past I have been able to use them individually and together playing the same music connected through wifi. However it is no longer possible to make them play together.

Both of the speakers are connected in the app, and can be played individually by switching in the app and I can press the button "play on all devices", it gathers them in a group, but music will only be played from the device I  connected to at first. 

I am using the Bose app on Android and not the Spotify app, and I have disconnected the speakers and added them to the network once again without any luck.

I have also tried to pair them as stereo - which seem to work with the beeping. But music-wise it doesn't work...

Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Vicky_W

Re: Multiple speakers problem

Author Accepted Answer selected by boagger

Hello Boagger, 

Welcome to the forums. 

I am sure we can get this fixed for you. I would like to confirm if you are using the steps here to pair the two speakers? If so, let's try the following: 

Let's reset each speaker back to factory defaults. After this, we will want to remove the speakers from the SoundTouch app and from the paired devices on your phone. Then we can pair the speakers to Wifi and check that they are updated on the latest firmware. Finally, we can try and repair the speakers. 

We are completing these steps to ensure that any bugs the speaker may have encountered are wiped away. The reset will do this and the updates will ensure that the buds can be fixed if needed. 

Let me know how you get on and if you have any questions at all!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Vicky_W

Author Accepted Answer selected by boagger

Hello Boagger, 

Welcome to the forums. 

I am sure we can get this fixed for you. I would like to confirm if you are using the steps here to pair the two speakers? If so, let's try the following: 

Let's reset each speaker back to factory defaults. After this, we will want to remove the speakers from the SoundTouch app and from the paired devices on your phone. Then we can pair the speakers to Wifi and check that they are updated on the latest firmware. Finally, we can try and repair the speakers. 

We are completing these steps to ensure that any bugs the speaker may have encountered are wiped away. The reset will do this and the updates will ensure that the buds can be fixed if needed. 

Let me know how you get on and if you have any questions at all!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

boagger
Participant
Registered since

Aug 21, 2020

Hi Vicky_W

I've been running through all your steps, and it seems to work as a charm.

Fingers crossed it will stay that way.

Thank you!