Mer17
Participant
Registered since

Aug 27, 2016

Re: Music Library Feedback After 13.x Update

Listing to a playlist for about an hour or so. When on random it now only plays 4 out of over 50 artists. 
brettski1968
Registered since

Jul 17, 2016

Have just done the iMac app update. Hasn't made any difference, and have factory reset the SA-5, rebooted the modem, deleted and re-added the iTunes Library. This is becoming an absolute joke. Get the app developers from SONOS to give you a hand.

JT_69_V
Registered since

Feb 9, 2016

New SoundTouch app update (interface: 13.0.9,application: 13.0.11, protocole : 58) on my iMac (OSX 10.11.6) 
Exactly the same problem... Error 6151
Please please please Bose... do something !

David_N_Harris
Participant
Registered since

Aug 30, 2016

All information as my earlier post
Soundtouch app info - Interface: 13.0.9 Protocol: 58 App: 13.0.7
iTunes version: 12.4.3.1 (current as date of this comment) music held on the same computer - no cloud storage is involved
Windows 10
I use McAfee anti-virus but Soundtouch is allowed access. This can't be the problem as it worked perfrectly before the last update
I haven't tried disconnecting the system and setting it up again. I'm well aware that the "turn it off and back on again" approach tends to work very well, but with some of the issues I've seen on this bulletin board, I'd rather listen to half an album than nothing at all
I tried playing just one album tonight. The app stopped working about 4 or 5 times while listening to it. The error came up as before ie that the server was unavailable. At least once it came back with an "cannot complete action - please try again" and gave an error code - 4200. It also came up with the spinning wheel of death, which was at least something to watch since I couldn't listen to my music!
Lukefij
Participant
Registered since

Aug 29, 2016

Gosh, now I cannot even update. It goes up to 90% and then displays this:
Migrated Imagewhich means "you can't finish an update. there was a problem with an update, update was not installed. please try again later"
I tried everything; uninstalling java, cleaning registry, resetting several times. Still the same.
What's going on?
brettski1968
Registered since

Jul 17, 2016

Where are we at BOSE?? I can feel the Community is starting to get very very angry, and can't say I blame them. At some point our patience is going to come to an end. If it continues any longer I'll be requesting you provide me with my nearest BOSE dealer and you can explain to them why I am returning a Soundtouch 30 and SA-5 for a refund (basically because I can't use them to listen to music) 
philjmclean
Participant
Registered since

Aug 31, 2016

Just updated the app, now I can't play my iTunes from laptop or phone. "Cannot Complete Action. Please try again later" Do you guys test these things before they're released?
Hully
Participant
Registered since

Apr 8, 2015

The shuffle mode is severely limited, just selects tracks from a very small area of my music library - no good to me - why break something that was working?

brettski1968
Registered since

Jul 17, 2016

Community, all we seem to be getting in the words of Simon and Garfunkel are "the sounds of silence". I think this needs to be escalated to the CEO of BOSE. Does anyone have the contact details for him in USA?? I am in Australia. I have been in touch on the phone (yes I got through to a human being) with the BOSE technical people in Australia who have taken a log from my system, and have escalated it. He was extremely helpful, and spent 45 minutes with me through remote access, trying to figure out what was wrong, but to no avail. I think the apparent lack of concern from the USA, who monitor this blog, for it's customers is absolutely appalling to say the least. As I said to the guy from BOSE in Australia, you are only hearing from the customers who even know this community blog exists. Think of all the other customers who are wondering why their system all of a sudden doesn't work, and don't know about this blog, or have the time to sit on hold waiting for tech support to answer the phone !!!
BOSE ARE YOU HEARING YOUR CUSTOMERS SCREAMS FOR HELP ??

JT_69_V
Registered since

Feb 9, 2016

Still nothing new... More than one week without access to my iTunes Music Library.
What is happening at Bose ?