Daveyp1127
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 9, 2017

Music Library shuffle not working for Windows Media PLayer

My Music Library is in Windows Media PLayer on a Windows 10 machiine. I am experiencing similar problems to other people using iTunes library. That is selecting shuffle within 'tracks' does shuffle the artist, but always plays the same sone which is first in the list of tracks with that artist. The work arounds offered are specific to iTunes libraries. This is really annoying and has left me plugging the computer into the Aux socket in order to play my music direct from WMP, but this isn't practical

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Daveyp1127
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 9, 2017

Re: Music Library shuffle not working for Windows Media PLayer

Author Accepted Answer selected by Daveyp1127

Not quite. When I select 'tracks' from my music library, they appear in groups listed numerically and alphabetically by song title. If I chose a track beginning with a number ie 9am by ATB, and then hit shuffle, I only get tracks whose title starts with number 9 or 8,7,6 etc. I also get the same tracks if I repeat the exercise by selecting the same first song, which seems to me to be a non random shuffle.

If I pick a song whose title starts with a B, then hit shuffle I only get songs that begin with B, A,9,8....etc.

To get round this I tried picking a song beginning with Z, but when using the search function to pick a song, whilst the shuffle icon is highlighted, the 'next track' icon is greyed out????

My speaker is on 14.0.15 and my app is 14.80.6-708+9BD05113.

All I want is to pick any old track, select shuffle and get a random track from my whole collection. 

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

Hi Daveyp1127, 

Just to clarify, the main issue you are experiencing is that the first song that is played is always the same but the remainder of the list does shuffle normally, correct? Can you update your system and app to our latest update and see if this resolves the issue for you? 

Thank you 

Highlighted
Daveyp1127
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 9, 2017

Author Accepted Answer selected by Daveyp1127

Not quite. When I select 'tracks' from my music library, they appear in groups listed numerically and alphabetically by song title. If I chose a track beginning with a number ie 9am by ATB, and then hit shuffle, I only get tracks whose title starts with number 9 or 8,7,6 etc. I also get the same tracks if I repeat the exercise by selecting the same first song, which seems to me to be a non random shuffle.

If I pick a song whose title starts with a B, then hit shuffle I only get songs that begin with B, A,9,8....etc.

To get round this I tried picking a song beginning with Z, but when using the search function to pick a song, whilst the shuffle icon is highlighted, the 'next track' icon is greyed out????

My speaker is on 14.0.15 and my app is 14.80.6-708+9BD05113.

All I want is to pick any old track, select shuffle and get a random track from my whole collection. 

Thanks

Daveyp1127
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 9, 2017

The software update did fix the problem. 

Thanks 🙂