Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 8, 2019

Music Services

I have the Bose Sound Touch Wave Radio IV.  It worked great until last night when the connections to Tune In and Sirius stopped working and just gave me the message "Service Not Available".  I am able to get "My Library" of music on my iMac computer to work with the Bose.  I have tried just about everything.  Oh, the white light on the back of the Bose Internet connection is on indicating it is connected.  Is there a problem with the services or is there something I can do to fix the problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Music Services

Author Accepted Answer selected by jwhitch1

Hello jwhitch1, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community. 

I'm sorry to hear that you are having some problems with selected streaming services on your Wave SoundTouch Music System IV. 

Are you able to test TuneIn and Sirius directly through their websites to see if you have any problems streaming?

I would recommend force closing the SoundTouch app and re-opening. This action will restart the SoundTouch Music Server if it is not running.

Should this not resume the connection to the music services, I would suggest resetting the SoundTouch pedestal. 

1. On the back of the SoundTouch pedestal, press and hold the Control button for more than 10 seconds and then release it
  2. After several seconds the pedestal should turn on again and reconnect with your network.

Let me know how this goes for you, if needed, I will be happy to assist further.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Author Accepted Answer selected by jwhitch1

Hello jwhitch1, 

I'm sorry to hear that you are having some problems with selected streaming services on your Wave SoundTouch Music System IV. 

Are you able to test TuneIn and Sirius directly through their websites to see if you have any problems streaming?

I would recommend force closing the SoundTouch app and re-opening. This action will restart the SoundTouch Music Server if it is not running.

Should this not resume the connection to the music services, I would suggest resetting the SoundTouch pedestal. 

1. On the back of the SoundTouch pedestal, press and hold the Control button for more than 10 seconds and then release it
  2. After several seconds the pedestal should turn on again and reconnect with your network.

Let me know how this goes for you, if needed, I will be happy to assist further.

Warm regards,

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 8, 2019

Charlotte G.,

Before I got your message with suggestions to get the services to work, I tested each of the two services on the web and they were working fine.  I closed the app and restarted it.  I did not force close it, so don’t know if that would have worked.  I did unplug the Bose, waited a short time and replugged it in.  Opened the app and the services were again working.

One problem I was noticing before the services stopped working was a pause of the music for a few seconds and then continuing.  This was occurring ever 5 -7 minutes.  After the services stopped working and the restarting, this problem was corrected and I haven’t noticed it since.  One thing the “My Library” on my iMac continued to work when the services stopped.  It did have the momentary pause.  It does not have it now.

Thanks for the suggestions.  I am keeping your message in case it occurs again.  I think resetting the pedestal would have worked too though I didn’t try that.

Thanks again.

John Hitchcock

@Charlotte_G wrote:

Hello jwhitch1, 

Warm regards,