Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
canadagates
Participant
Registered since

Mar 8, 2019

Music libraries grayed out

The soundtouch app will not let me add my computer's libraries. They are grayed out. Could it have something to do with how I could not install the speaker with a USB cable to my computer? I had to add the speaker to the network with my cell phone. I have a very good computer running Windows 10 and don't know what to do.

Thanks, Gord

3 REPLIES 3
Jessie_O

Re: Music libraries grayed out

Hi Canadagates! 

Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community!

There should be no reason you cannot add your music library, click here for the steps on how to do this!

If you are still having issues please come back to me and I will see what else I can advise for you!

Have a great day!

Jessie - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
canadagates
Participant
Registered since

Mar 8, 2019

Hello, Thanks for your reply. I have followed the instructions exactly but when I try to add music on my computer as a new source all I get is a page with two grayed out options for the i-tunes library and the  windows media player library. I cannot select either one because they don't seem to be available. If anyone could help me with the next step I would really appreciate it.

Thanks, Gord

Leon_C
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

Hi canadagates, 

When you load the Bose Sondtouch app, when you select the 3 lines on the top left corner of the app this brings up your music sources. When you select this, does it show that a PC music library (Windows/MAC) is already created? If so, you would need to remove this to add another. The Soundtouch app will only allow you to add one type of media library per computer.

Many thanks

Leon_C - Community Support