Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 20, 2016

My Book World connection

Does anyone know how to connect a Soundtouch 30 to a NAS WD drive MyBookWorld Edition, model no. WDH1NC

Any assistance would be greatfully received

Thanks, Eric

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 20, 2016

Re: My Book World connection

Author Accepted Answer selected by ericmadams

Hi Brian,

The My Cloud Home NAS has a different setup to the My Cloud NAS.  Basically the Plex media server which comes with the drive needs to be enabled and configured on the My Cloud Home drive which then allows the drive and music files are seen by Soundtouch

All is now working fine, thanks for your help

Best Regards,

Eric

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi ericmadams,

Thanks for the inquiry! This seems to be an older WD NAS model (the owner's manual I found shows 2008, which is well before the introduction of Bose SoundTouch systems). That being said, I can't guarantee that this NAS drive will be compatible, but we can certainly try to get it to work! 

First, here are a few useful resources:

Although this NAS drive is different than the WD My Cloud, I've included instructions for this NAS drive as the steps may be similar. Instead of navigating to http://wdmycloud.local, you will need to open the application that should have been installed on your computer from a CD. 

See chapters 6 and 7 in the WD My Book World Edition Owner's Manual. We will need to make sure that any Media Streaming, Media Sharing, and/or DLNA settings are enabled. Once this is done, follow the Adding a music library to SoundTouch® steps. 

Let us know how this goes!

Best regards,

Brian

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 20, 2016

Hi Brian,

Many thanks for for the information.  I went through the particular sections you mention and checked all the settings were enabled.  Unfortunately I think this particular NAS drive is not compatible

I have decided to upgrade to a later version WD My Cloud Home NAS drive.  I believe this model is compatible with the Bose SoundTouch system but, just to be certain can you confirm that it is compatible

regards,

Eric

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi ericmadams,

Thank you for providing us with this update. I'm sorry to hear that you were not able to get the My Book World working. It is quite possible that this older model simply isn't compatible. The good news is, the WD My Cloud NAS devices will certainly work with SoundTouch! Once your WD My Cloud Device is powered on and connected to your home network, see the following article for SoundTouch configuration instructions:

Configuring WD® My Cloud for use with SoundTouch™

Best regards,

Brian

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 20, 2016

Author Accepted Answer selected by ericmadams

Hi Brian,

The My Cloud Home NAS has a different setup to the My Cloud NAS.  Basically the Plex media server which comes with the drive needs to be enabled and configured on the My Cloud Home drive which then allows the drive and music files are seen by Soundtouch

All is now working fine, thanks for your help

Best Regards,

Eric

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi Eric,

My apologies for providing the steps for a different NAS. Thank you for the clarification. I'm glad to hear everything is working! Let us know if you have any additional questions!

Thank you,

Brian