Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 28, 2017

My SoundTouch keeps cutting out.

Why do my Bose SoundTouch speakers keep cutting out every 30 seconds or so?

I did the latest update. Yesterday the receptionist speaker was doing it all day. Today it isn't, but my office speaker is doing it.

Very aggravating?

Hopefully a simple fix!

Thanks,

Dan

15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 25, 2014

Re: My SoundTouch keeps cutting out.

Hello eagledoc,

Curiously which models of the SoundTouch speakers do you own? Do you notice the WiFi LED begin to flash when this issue occurs? Does this occur if the speakers are grouped, or does this occur while playing to individual speakers as well? Are you connecting to the speakers via Bluetooth, or using the SoundTouch application? Lastly, which source are you using on the systems, Spotify, Pandora, Internet Radio, etc.?

Let us know the answers to those questions and we can certainly take it from there! Thanks!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 28, 2017

Sorry for the late reply. I've been out of state.

I have the SoundTouch 10 wireless music system Model 416776.

I do not notice the WiFi LED flash when it cuts out. The one on the reception desk was doing it as well. Same deal.

We don't group the speakers. I play my stations in my office and the receptionist plays hers out in the front office. We haven't tried grouping them as a rule.

I am hard wired into the back of the CPU

I am not able to connect with Blue Tooth via my Android Samsung-SM-G870A Galaxy mobile phone. (Another problem since I like to listen to podcasts on it - I just gave up on it)

I am typically using Pandora. I tried using Amazon but it doesn't interact with my Amazon Music account.

I ended up rebooting my computer and it has been a problem since then. But it's odd - as these things can be. 🙂

I really like the Bose system. It is awesome!! Just a few quirks.

Thank you for your speedy follow up and excellent customer service!!

Dan

Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 25, 2014

Hi eagledoc,

No worries at all! Thanks for the follow-up and your kind words!

Curiously when you mention that you are hardwired into the back of the computer, is that via a USB cable or a 3.5mm auxiliary cable? If it is the USB cable, I would recommend removing this connection as the USB cable is only used for the initial setup and may cause issues if you keep this cable connected.

For the Bluetooth issue, have you tried to clear the pairing list on the SoundTouch 10, then remove the device from the Samsung Bluetooth menu, and try to re-connect? You can clear the pairing list on the speaker by opening the SoundTouch application, then going to Menu>Settings>Speaker Settings>Your SoundTouch 10>Bluetooth>Clear Bluetooth Pairing List. Once this has been done, if you open the Bluetooth settings on the Samsung phone you may see the option for the SoundTouch 10, if you click on the gear icon next to the system name, or press and hold on the name, there should be an option to "Forget" or "Remove" the device from the list. Once both of the above have been done you can put the speaker back into Bluetooth mode and try to reconnect. Do the steps above allow you to connect to the SoundTouch 10 once more?

For the Amazon Music issue, have you tried to remove and re-add the Amazon Music account from the SoundTouch application? You can do this by opening the SoundTouch application, then going to Menu>Settings>Music Services>Amazon Music>Your Account>Remove Account. Once this has been done you can re-add the account by clicking on the Add Music Service option within the main menu.

If the WiFi symbol on the speakers are not blinking and remain solid white, that would mean that the systems are indeed still connected to the network but may be experiencing some issues with wireless interference. This can certainly be the case if you have a wireless printer, cordless phone base, or other electronic products within 3 feet of the router of the systems. Curiously do you have any of those devices close to the router or the speakers? If so try to move them a bit further away to see if this will resolve the intermittent audio issue. Also, what would be the RSSI of the speakers? You can find that by following the instructions linked below:

Determining the received signal strength

Let us know if the above helps at all and we can take it from there if needed! Thanks!

-Michael

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 24, 2017

Mine was doing that as well. Now I can’t even make it connect at all. Such a waste of money. This system was a little over $1100. Complete waste of money. You can’t even count on this for background music for dinner parties. I have tried everything.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 18, 2017

Same

Mine worked for months then now goes on - plays makes a "bleep" sound then goes off. Hit play again eithon BOSE ap (ophone), spotify on the PC....I am nearly ready to go back to CD and Cassettes!!!!!!

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi petefromthebay,

Sorry to hear about the issues you're having.  It sounds like your Bose system might inadvertently connecting to a Bluetooth device while you're using it.  Have you connected the system to a computer or smartphone via Bluetooth before?

Best,

Brandon

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 31, 2017

I am having the exact same issue & I can assure you it is not trying to pair to another device. I have Bluetooth turned of on every device in the house. After having just moved it to a new apartment i didn’t have WiFi for a week. During the week my SoundTouch 30 was not set up through the app. I was playing it via Bluetooth on my iPhone 8+ the old fashion way. As soon as I got WiFi I setup the device with the app and was immediately prompted that it needed a software update. After doing so is when the problems arised. Now my music/sound cuts out every few seconds. It’s stull playing on my phone via Apple Music but the speaker stops transmitting sound for about 2-3 second in 30 seconds or so intervals. My guess is that the update caused this issue in addition to setting it up through the app. I wonder if deleting the app & starting fresh would fix this issue? Please get back to me ASAP as it is very frustrating to have spent nearly $500 on a speaker just for it to not work properly.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 31, 2017

...& no I am not streaming the music. It is downloaded to my phone.
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hello tvwhite917,

I am sorry to hear this is happening to you and I can certainly understand the frustration that it brings. So, from what I gather you are strictly using Bluetooth from your iPhone to the speaker. Do you have another mobile device or computer you can test the Bluetooth connection to the SoundTouch 30 for me? Let me know if this same thing happens with the other devices. I know that the SoundTouch system is not relying on the router for the Bluetooth transmissiom, but how close is the router to your system(could possibly be a source of interference if it's within 5 feet of the system)?

Let me know how the testing goes.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Bose Support