Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 7, 2018

Re: My SoundTouch keeps cutting out.

I called Bose technical support and they admitted to the problem and that it is an issue with their server. They assured me that Bose technicians are working on a fix. They had no estimated time to repair nor could they tell me how I would know that a fix would be available. I find this very disappointing. Am about to send my speakers back and select another vender. It's been several weeks. I'm using alternatives, Ipod and others. They work fine.

Anybody know if Bose pays attention to this?. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 7, 2018

I have the same problem. It happens when they are all grouped (I have one 30 and two 10s) and also when I try with only one of them, no matter which, cutting out the audio every 10 or 15 seconds. I hope there is a way this can be solved because this is very disappointing. 

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi rsigrist and MFTricas,

Thank you for your posts. I'm sorry to hear that you are both experiencing similar issues. Our engineering team is actively working on a fix for a known DHCP bug that is affecting some users. We hope to have a fix in place soon. In the meantime, please see the troubleshooting steps we have posted in this thread

Best regards,

Brian - Bose Support

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 3, 2018

I am also having the same issues with the intermittent music - I have had my system for a bit over a year and the problem is really bad now.  This is driving me nuts. 

When it works it is great - but this has been going on too long. 

Will BOSE refund me what I paid for what is really now a completely useless music system? 

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi jknill, 

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing similar issues. I understand the frustration that you are experiencing, but we definitely want to help! When your SoundTouch system is set up correctly on a properly configured network, you certainly shouldn't expect that your system should be performing in this manner. 

To start, please see my post with troubleshooting steps listed in this thread. Please go through these steps and let us know the results of each step. This will help us to better diagnose where the issue might be, and to better understand the next steps towards a resolution. 

Although we absolutely want you to keep and to be able to enjoy your Bose products, you can find more information on our US returns policy HERE. If you are located outside of the US, please visit global.bose.com and select your region. Navigate to the policies section of the corresponding page to find more information about returns in your region. 

Best regards,

Brian - Bose Support

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 5, 2017

What is the status on the fix for the known bug called DHCP?? Bose moderator stated January 9, 2018 a fix should be available soon.....well it’s March 15th and I am ready to return all 10 of my Bose sound touch units if this does not  get resolved soon. Highly disappointed in the units cutting in and out constantly, makes me want to scream.