manupmato
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 28, 2015

My Soundtouch portable does not seem to switch off completely and battery drains out

Hi. I have a SoundTouch Portable Serie II. If I switch it off and keep it plugged, then the speaker always maintains some warm temperature, as if working or loading all the time, despite the battery being fully loaded. Is it that normal¿ And if I unplug it, then the battery drains out in one or two days, despite the speaker being switched off. This also does not seem to be what one should expect.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: My Soundtouch portable does not seem to switch off completely and battery drains out

Hi Manupmato,
The SoundTouch Portable will remain connected to your network and in standby mode while plugged in to AC power. This allows it to be turned on remotely by the SoundTouch app or another device on the network, rather than needing to manually press the power button.  In this state it will show a dimmed white LED on the front and continue to produce some noticeable heat as it stays in contact with your Wi-Fi router.  This is all normal.
Below are some other useful facts about the power functions and battery of this product.

• Depending on usage your battery for the Soundtouch portable should last 3 hours at full volume and as much as 6-7 hours at more normal listening volumes.
  • After 20 minutes of staying in stand-by while unplugged from AC power, the system will turn itself off completely and require ~10 seconds of holding the power button to wake it up. ​
  • If it remains unused for several days, the battery will enter a protect mode to prevent further discharging. once this has happened the system must be plugged in to the AC power again before it will turn on.

Hope this helps!

RJL24
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 12, 2016

Re: My Soundtouch portable does not seem to switch off completely and battery drains out

Thank you!