anhidric
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 22, 2017

My Touchsound 30 turns itself on...

Hello there,

as I said in the subject, since one week, my 6 months old Soundtouch 30 turns itself on (after pause) or sometimes doesn't play the music which I'm playing in the Ipad or in my Pc (use to play one song but not the next). Doesn't matters if I use the Wi-Fi or the Ethernet connection, if I listen Spotify or an Internet Radio. I've already did the 30 sec reset and even did the Fabric Reset...Stills do the same. I also uninstalled all the Bose Apps, from Ipad and PC and reinstalled it again. Is there anything more to do or should I go direct to the shop?

Danke.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: My Touchsound 30 turns itself on...

Hi anhidric,

Thanks for the question, and sorry to hear about the difficulties you've been having.  

The SoundTouch 30 will start playing music after it has been paused for a while?  What if you power cycle the system, and not play any music to it?  Will it start up on its own?

Are you able to try any other sources besides Internet Radio or Spotify?

Best Regards,

Brandon - Bose Support

Highlighted
anhidric
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 22, 2017

Hello Brandon,

the answers are: 1) Yes, plays music after been paused for 10/15 minutes

2) No, it doesn't starts on its own

3) Yes, I can try any other sources.

My question is: is that possible that all these problems started with the last drivers/app upgrade?

Best Regards

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi again,

Thanks for the info.

There is a possibility that this is software related, as our engineers are working on fixing a bug right now that relates to DHCP lease timing and systems disconnecting.  If you go into your router configuration page and increase the DHCP lease time to the maximum allowed and reboot your SoundTouch devices and router, does this help at all?

Best Regards,

Brandon - Bose Support

Highlighted
anhidric
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 22, 2017

Hello Brandon,

it doesn´t helped because my router hat no limit (you can write whatever you want days, hours and seconds) but I logged out from the Bose App and now, when I use the Touchsound directly from Spotify or preset buttons, all the problems are gone. The issue should be there, in the App.

Best Regards and Happy New Year.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Thanks for trying those steps, and Happy New Year to you as well!

The software team is working on a fix for this, and we will update the community as soon as it is available.

Best Regards,

Brandon - Bose Support