Esrumvej120
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 14, 2019

NAS device problens

Hi

I'm writing here because I have some challenges with using the BOSE app for my SoundTouch system when I want to play music from my NAS device.

1. I can choose to play all my songs (about 2500 pieces) “All tracks”
  2. I can't choose “Albums” and “Artists”. I can't connect to the device, but I'm told that Bose can't find my music library.
  3. If I want to play “Genre”, I can however play “Jazz” and “Blues” but not “Pop”, is it because there are too many songs in this category?
  4. If I go through folders, my albums will play in alphabetical order even though my songs are in the correct order (as on the CD) on the device like 01, 02, 03 etc.
  5. For information, I have no problems playing from the device via Groove Music on Win10 and my Menuett radio in my kitchen. Is this because the app can't handle the many songs? Because when I only had approx. 500 pcs. there were no problems at all.

I hope somebody can explain to me why I have these challenges.

Best regards Michael

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Esrumvej120
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 14, 2019

Re: NAS device problens

Author Accepted Answer selected by Esrumvej120

Thank you for your post

I solved my problem by replacing my D-link with a Seagate device

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Comedy79
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 13, 2019

What NAS are you using??

I have a QNAP NAS and use the "minim server" to play my music through the Bose App.  It's the best I have found to stream music via my NAS.

I have over 5,000 songs and no issues with searching or finding the tracks to play.  They are sorted by ITunes but could still do with some tidying up of the digital "print" that they have that the server uses to identify tracks, but my wife can search the songs she wants easily and she is a massive technophobe...

Hope that helps?

Cheers

David

Esrumvej120
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 14, 2019

Hi David

Thank you very much for your answer.

I use a D-Link DNS-320L, so maybe that's the one that plays me a trick, now that I've been assured that it's not the number of pieces of music that teases my Bose app.

Now I just don't know if my problem can be solved without buying another model.

Maybe there are someone who uses this type of NAS device or perhaps knows about it.

Yours sincerely

Michael

Comedy79
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 13, 2019

Hi Michael,

I found two threads connected to issues playing music files from your type of NAS, they might help;

https://community.bose.com/t5/SoundTouch-Archive/DLink-DNS320L-NAS-problem/td-p/14036 and https://community.bose.com/t5/SoundTouch-Archive/Soundtouch-20-III-and-Dlink-DNS320L-NAS/td-p/9080

The responses there might help?

Kind regards

David

Esrumvej120
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 14, 2019

Hi David

Thanks for sending links. I have tried several things but with no success (fault codes 1601 and 1602). 

now realize that I have to live with the limitations of my Nas set up and that I cannot take full advantage omy Bose facilities. 

Thanks again for your taking time and trying to help 

Best regards 

Michael  

Esrumvej120
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 14, 2019

Author Accepted Answer selected by Esrumvej120

Thank you for your post

I solved my problem by replacing my D-link with a Seagate device

View solution in original post