Netgear Orbi RBR50 & Bose Soundtouch Wave music system III - cannot get them to work together
Our internet provider just installed a new router: NETGEAR ORBI RBR50 at our home and suddenly my Soundtouch Wave music system III is not working anymore. It used to work just fine with the old but now broken router before being replaced by the Orbi. I have already read previous discussions on this and could not find someone who was able to make it work. I am already frustrated as I've spent hours reading and reading and trying out all means and ways to get it to work to ano avail. Please help. Here are some key details:
- I am able to access the router login successfully.
- 2.4GHz Channel: AUTO
- 5GHz Channel: 36
- Security: WPA2-PSK [AES] (One guy said selecting this option made his soundbar work. This is my selected option and still it doesn't work for me).
- I have the latest Bose Soundtouch app on all my devices. I have tried countless times to install via wi-fi and usb connection. All failed. They cannot find the speaker.
- I have directly connected the Soundtouch to the Orbi router via ethernet cable and I was able to make the soundtouch work successfully. However, this is not a solution I'm looking at as the router's location in my apartment is not near where I need to place the soundtouch speaker. I am unable to change this as this is a rented apartment. Besides, I want the soundtouch to be accessible via wifi and not ethernet. I just simply tried if ethernet could work (it did).
- I have already factory resetted the soundtouch a few times, read all their troubleshooting guides to no avail. The fact that it was working fine with the old router means the Orbi might have an issue with compatibility to the Soundtouch.
- Firewall is turned off while setting this up
Any other information you might need just let me know. Please help.