dparent
Participant
Registered since

Jul 12, 2016

New APP interface (GUI)

In my opinion this new App is by far not user friendly or intuitive, although the previous GUI was not the best it still was easier to use and look much better. 

Cheers...

8 REPLIES 8
Ivo
Participant
Registered since

Apr 10, 2015

Re: New APP interface (GUI)

I have to agree, the new app seems designed to look great but is far from userfriendly.

there should be a way to develop a straightforward GUI, without useless bells and whissles

Brent_B
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi dparent and Ivo, 

Thank you for your feedback. I will be sure to pass this on to our development team. 

Thank you 

Albert5700
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 31, 2016

Dear Brent_B,

SiriusXM Application Settings for Streaming Audio Quality on Bose Soundtouch SA-5 Amplifier

Product: Bose Soundtouch SA-5 Wi-Fi Internet Connected Amplifier

Application:. SiriusXM Streaming Music Application.

The setup: The SiriusXM App has a way to set the Streaming Audio Quality (Normal, High, Maximum). At least the SiriusXM App on my iPad and iPhone has this option.

The question: How do I set the SiriusXM Streaming Audio Quality on the Bose Soundtouch SA-5 Wi-Fi Internet Amplifier?

My understanding: I believe that the SoundTouch Amplifier has a version of the SiriusXM Streaming Music Application installed on it. The human interface to the SiriusXM App (installed on the Amplifier) is through the Soundlink Application. Therefore what I can and cannot do with the with the SiriusXM App is controlled by the Soundtouch App. Do you think I am correct?

Obviously, streaming audio quality is important. To think that there is a streaming quality setting that I cannot access based on the Soundtouch Application omitting this control on the User Interface, makes me a "warped, frustrated old man".  

Brent_B
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi Albert5700, 

Thank you for the question. We do have a streaming quality adjustment available with the Spotity service, but currently don't have it for SiriusXM yet. Unless you are using Bluetooth, you are absolutely correct. As a SiriusXM user myself, I agree that this is important and will certainly relay your feedback. 

Thank you 

Albert5700
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 31, 2016

Does the latest SoundTouch GUI App have SiriusXM streaming quality control ?

dparent
Participant
Registered since

Jul 12, 2016

Although I do. Prise Sirius personally, a family member as stream his account through it l for several days without any noticeable problem.

dparent
Participant
Registered since

Jul 12, 2016

Sorry the post should read I do not have Sirius radio personally.

Cheers...

Brent_B
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi Albert5700, 

Currently SiriusXM does not have this option in our app. Please let us know if you have any additional questions. 

Thank you