Highlighted
2pfspiff
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Apr 6, 2018

Re: New Airplay 2 multiroom support

Good morning all.  I know this is a beaten question, but what is Bose's (Aimed at bose) time frame for airplay 2?  I have a Soundtoch 10, 20 and the SA-5 powering a new set of 251 enviromental speakers for outdoors.  I love your products (My 1st set of bose were 301's when I was in the service) and I am not going to jump ship like some say, I just want to know when the time frame is for you to add Airplay 2 to the Soundtouch system.  Airplay 2 has been out with the release of OIS 11.4 so you should now have some idea as to when you will implement it in an update.

thank you

Community Manager

Hi 2pfspiff

Thanks for posting in the community!

We are committed to bring Airplay 2 to our existing SoundTouch products and new products that are forthcoming.  We will share further details regarding timing and availability when possible.

Warm Regards,

Tony - Community Support 

Badmofo63
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 20, 2016

Thanks for this non-answer, Tony... Since this is the same answer given since 2017, when Bose's logo was highlighted in the  AirPlay 2 update at WWDC for last year, I think it's safe to say that we are all tired of this BS answer. When will Bose give us a real update on this? Is it not clear now that it's important to your customer base? Jeez.

Frenzy McFly
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 1, 2017

paulbarry101
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 22, 2018

Yup... I bought a full Soundtouch system based on that ‘commitment’ last year and now I know if I’d chosen just about any of the other icons on Apple’s screen I’d now have multiroom and Siri support - even Sonos who wasn’t originally involved. From Bose I get a ‘commitment’. Far from good enough. I’ve learnt, and I won’t be fooled again. 

evelea
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 2, 2017

it seems that Bose has 2 engineers that work on the iPhone app.

I have 4 soundtouch devices and rarely that I can find all of them in the app, kill the app and then things start to work. I am kinda annoyed I have to do that every time I want to play something on my speakers.

It has been 2 years since Apple falsely advertised that Bose will support Airplay 2. It will probably not be available in 2018. Sad...

It will take a few decades before Bose can catch up to Sonos..

I am a very dissapointed customer!

saboss
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 24, 2018

I'm now also at the point where I would like to invest in more SoundTouch products. Thinking about buying the tv bar and maybe another bigger box, only have the 10 yet. But I need airplay 2 support. So what should I do @bose ? I'm willing to wait another few months, but I probably have to switch to SONOS, because there is no time frame or anything..

rickatk
Noisy Narrator
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

@saboss wrote:

I'm now also at the point where I would like to invest in more SoundTouch products. Thinking about buying the tv bar and maybe another bigger box, only have the 10 yet. But I need airplay 2 support. So what should I do @bose ? I'm willing to wait another few months, but I probably have to switch to SONOS, because there is no time frame or anything..

Apple TV (Gen 4) connected to your Bose Sound Bar setup will give you access to Apple Music, Netflix 4KHDR and all the trimmings. From there you can send your music to your other ST speakers using the multiroom features built in to SoundTouch speakers. Alternatively, add an Airport Express router to your existing ST speaker for an Apple Music only solution, again with multiroom support. In the end you will have a better sounding setup than Sonos.

ben123
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 23, 2018

THANK YOU Bose for reminding me so clearly how easy it is to become complacent and lose long term loyal customers... I have a house full of Bose products and was a committed customer for life... Then along comes Airplay 2 and this RIDICULOUS stance of refusing to communicate with your customers other than a tired old copy paste "commitment" comment... Yesterday I bought my first Sonos product and not because of sound quality but purely because of your total absence of common curtesy.... I feel liberated & will not be coming back.... Thank you again for reminding me how easy it is to destroy a brand over minutia so I can double down supporting my own customers better and not make the same mistake in my own business.

WizBang
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 20, 2015

Dunadain,

I wonder how many of us there are, just like you, who have been waiting many months for a communication from Bose to clarify what is happening with Airplay2.

I have have set my date to the end of August (my birthday). After that I shall put my Soundtouch 10 in the loft and switch to Sonos. I was planning to buy 3 more Soundtouch products as soon as it was clear they were going to support Airplay2, but I've given up waiting. Now I've decided I'm not even going to sell the Soundtouch I have, as I don't want to give Bose the possibility of another future customer 🙂