rickatk
Noisy Narrator
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

Re: New Airplay 2 multiroom support

I came across this article. A list of confirmed manufacturers and a secondary list detailing AirPlay 2 compatibility is featured.

https://9to5mac.com/2018/05/29/airplay-2-speaker-list/

Interestingly Beats, McIntosh, Devialet B and W and Bose are on the secondary list. Bose appears to be in good company with their rollout of AirPlay 2 time line.

Marantz is now rolling out AirPlay 2 on their products. I expect Denon will be soon after. 

rabkro
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 15, 2018

Hi tony ,

same for me i'm waiting to long so i bought this sountouch because i like bose product but also because bose  committment to have this airplay 2 update , it looks nothing is moving so i would like to return this product to bose , how we can proceed ?

thank you 

Rabah

wielkizderzacz
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Apr 11, 2017

Guys, haven’t ypu learnt by now not to trust anything Bose says?:) They don’t care. Posting questions about any product features or development only triggers a useless „when we have spmething to share we will let you know” auto-response from the admins, we’ve seen it dozens of times. Sell your speakers, warn your friends, be done with Bose. The ST speakers lack features, Bose doesn’t care about long term support, there are better products out there.

In the meanwhile, Sonos, Marantz and Denon already rolled out AirPlay2 in their products.
evelea
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 2, 2017

Bose has dissapointed me completely.

I am already looking to sell my two soundtouch 300s, one soundtouch 251 and one freespace 51. If anyone here wants to buy them, make me an offer.

I have already replaced most of my sound systems with Sonos or Apple.

Bose, your lack of customer service amazes me. I will never recommend bose to my friends/peers again.

Bose, WHEN will you implement Airplay 2 ? No BS, just give us a clear answer already.

wielkizderzacz
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Apr 11, 2017

When we have this info, we will share it as soon as possible.

Here, I can be a Bose rep:)
Highlighted
2pfspiff
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Apr 6, 2018

Between my issue with the XM app cutting out on my Soundtouch 10, 20 and SA-5 and no idea when Airplay 2 will be supported I should dump all of my stuff and go with Sono's.  Here is a question for Bose that they should be able to answer.  Percentage wise what is your progress of implamenting Airplay 2?  Is it 10%, 20%, 30%, 40% you get the idea.  Just let us know what the percentage is.  At least it will give everyone some info as to where bose is at in the programing stage.  And if Gregg B can't answer then have someone that can post the answer.  We are trying to be loyal costumers so we should atleast be able to know what the percentage is at as far as implementing Airplay 2 or is it a legal issue with Apple that bose is working through.  Should be able to aswer that question right?.

Kimi The Worm
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 5, 2018

Denon rolled out 2 weeks ago on my HEOS reciever..... 

Frenzy McFly
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 1, 2017

So let´s bump this thread up again. It has over 21 000 views. That is more then all the other threads on this page, combined. People are interested in your strategy here. You can´t hide forever.

Once again, as I wrote in a previous post.

I´m not asking you when your roll out will be ready.

I´m asking, when you will give us the date when you have the answer for what systems will be updated, and rough timeline, so we can make good decisions about if to stay in your eco system or not.

mpf541
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Oct 5, 2014

Good luck with this. All they really know how to do is ignore the subject. 

Jay1986
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 3, 2018

Between this whole issue of bose not sharing anything about this. I’ve informed them about my sound touch bass. It has a ozone smell.