Highlighted
DPLINES
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Nov 1, 2016

New 'Bose Music' app

Will the new Bose Music app be relevant to us ST300 owners? Will it replace the Soundtouch app that we use now?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager

Re: New 'Bose Music' app

Author Accepted Answer selected by DPLINES

Hello DPLINES

Thanks for writing in!

The SoundTouch 300 will continue to use the SoundTouch application, and the new Bose Music app is going to be used for the new Smart Speakers that are releasing this fall.  There are currently no plans to integrate the two line of speakers. 

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

13 REPLIES 13
Community Manager

Author Accepted Answer selected by DPLINES

Hello DPLINES

Thanks for writing in!

The SoundTouch 300 will continue to use the SoundTouch application, and the new Bose Music app is going to be used for the new Smart Speakers that are releasing this fall.  There are currently no plans to integrate the two line of speakers. 

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

vandrew
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jan 8, 2015

Wow, an amazing statement. No plans at all. So explain to me if I have Bose ST at home and Smart Home wun work together. Will you expand or buy everything new again and get let down by your product road map. I can't believe this. 

Fizzer
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 23, 2017

Yikes. Separate systems? Not one, unified system like Sonos? I'm... absolutely speechless.

Who thought that was a good idea? 

jimgfitz
Noisy Narrator
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

No.

jimgfitz
Noisy Narrator
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

All your Soundtouch systems and devices will continue to work as they do now.

Fizzer
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 23, 2017

Yes, but this makes it sound like they’re effectively ending the development of the SoundTouch line and creating a new separate system, no?

I guess if we actually get AirPlay 2, the systems will be able to work in tandem, but still — the decision to not streamline their offerings like Sonos seems like a colossal misstep, imo.
lcdopizarro
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Feb 24, 2018

I am very annoyed with this new development from Bose. I have 4 SoundTouch products I don’t understand why they are not integrating all products... I was about to buy a lifestyle 650 but this make me rethink since it seems that no new SoundTouch products will be developed.
lcdopizarro
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Feb 24, 2018

Why!?!? This is a terrible mistake!!! Are you going to stop developing new SoundTouch products?
Datti
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 3, 2015

If they are stop developing the Soundtouch Line, it would be a good idea to turn the soundtouch App Open Source and to give the community access to the software running on the Soundtouch Devices. I am pretty sure the community could fix many things and even add some new features to the devices. Bose might not sell new devices, but afaik, Soundtouch Users might think twice if they have to replace their (expensive) material by new equipment, if they stick with a brand the feel betrayed from... it would be a good opportunity to create some positive brand awareness by building a community that supports it...