Highlighted
dianne_L_turner@yahoo.com
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 2, 2018

New IP Address/Network ID - Bose SoundTouch will not let me add or change network...not connecting

Hi

I have 2 Bose SoundTouch 20 and a Bose SoundTouch 30.  Lets just deal with the SoundTouch 20's for now...think t here are more problems with SoundTouch 30.

I have moved and obviously the WIFI has changed.  I have read and re-read, looked at online videos, read all instructions/troubleshooting and tried multiple things to get them to connect.  I see where others have had lots of problems and I have tried every thing mentioned to try.

I put back to factory settings, tried new setup, etc etc etc.  NO LUCK.

Please help.  

PS:  The new internet setups these days typically have 2 WIFI id's  e.g. Turner and Turner-5G.  I note that in the list of WIFI networks to connect to only the one shows up BUT both show up for other homes in our area.  Not sure if this could be causing the issue or part of the issue.  In my Iphone, IPAD and laptop, both the ID's for our network show up in the available list to choose from.

NOTE:  All other wireless divices are connected to the e.g. Turner-5G but I can't connect/choose that as it isn't showing up on my list to choose from.

1 REPLY 1

Re: New IP Address/Network ID - Bose SoundTouch will not let me add or change network...not conne...

Hello Dianne_L_Turner,

Thank you for posting.

I appreciate the great detail in what you provided, let's see if we can get this working for you.

What is the make and model of your new router? Also, how far is the router from where you're setting the speakers up?

After the factory reset, did the Wi-Fi indicator go solid whitish blue when you attempted to connect it to your network?

Let me know the results.

Regards,

Joel - Community Support