Doddsy
Registered since

Sep 7, 2016

New Purchase

Hi there,
Just wondering if anyone out there can help me with a query. Im really keen on purchasing a SoundTouch® SA-5 amplifier direct from the States online. I live in New Zealand. We have them here but they're nearly double the price. My question is, if I buy a system that is set up for USA standards will it still work here? I know when you buy a ph overseas you must make sure it is internationally unlocked so you can use it in your home country. I was thinking maybe this type of technology could be the same, and I'd hate to fork out a decent bit of cash if it isn't going to work.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks, John. 
1 REPLY 1
Bose_-_George_P
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 11, 2014

Re: New Purchase

Hi John,
For the best experience we strongly recommend purchasing Bose products in the region where you plan to use them. That said, besides having the wrong shape of power plug in the box, there would be no technical limitations on where you use the SA-5. This unit is voltage adaptable 100-240v and so will not require a transformer to use safely, only a simple plug adapter.
Note: Our USA website is not able to ship internationally however. That site can only ship to addresses within the USA. 
Thank you for your question.