Highlighted
Vaid_Bose
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 8, 2018

New Solo 5 TV Soundbar : Connecting to Panasonic Viera

Hi,
I purchased a New Bose 'Solo 5 ' TV Soundbar. It has optical, coaxial, aux ports and 1 usb port on the side. I need to connect to my Panasonic Viera TV. I purchased this TV in 2012. It has 'digital audio out', and traditional audio L / R ports. There is also one audio out port, in black. It also has HDMI for TV.
My solo 5 does not have RCA regular audio L/R ports as given in some solo pictures here.  My Solo 5, was shipped with only 1 Optical Cable. However my TV does not have optical out. I bought a digital optical audio cable with tip adapter, and connected the other end of Cable to digital out of TV, but it does not work.

How do I connect my TV to Solo 5 Soundbar?   

Option 1: If I buy "Digital Coaxial Cable" from walmart and connect Digital Out of TV to Solo 5 - coaxial port - will it work. Did bose forget to ship me digital coaxial cable. I got only optical cable in my purchase?
Option 2 : Should I buy "Analog to digital converter". Connect RCA stereo cable L/R from TV to Converter. Then Optical Cable from converter to 'Solo 5' Soundbar. Will this work.  Should I buy "Analog to Digital converter " or vice versa converter.

Can You Give me a Good Solution. Thank You in advance.

Regards

2 REPLIES 2

Re: New Solo 5 TV Soundbar : Connecting to Panasonic Viera

Hi Vaid_Bose,

Thank you for the post.  My recommendation would be to use the coaxial digital connection.  Your Solo 5 should have come with a coaxial cable, but if it did not you can use a composite video cable in place of it as it is the same type of cable.  If you would like, you can contact your local Bose support center by telephone to have a coaxial cable sent out.

If you have any more questions, please let us know.

Best,

Brandon - Community Support

Vaid_Bose
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 8, 2018

Re: New Solo 5 TV Soundbar : Connecting to Panasonic Viera

This is the solution I used:  I used "Digital Coaxial Cable"  and connected Digital Out of TV to Solo 5 - coaxial port.

I called Bose support and they shipped me digital coaxial cable for free.

You can also easily purchase this cable from Walmart.