Highlighted
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Jun 27, 2018

New SoundTouch Firmware ?

Yesterday I started getting constant prompts to upgrade my speakers when and while using the SoundTouch App. I have been carefully avoiding allowing it to upgrade.

Since July 27 I have been mostly successfully using the 19.0.9 patch after 19.0.5 destroyed my functionallity in early May. I don't want to upgrade, but I am bound to slip up and allow the upgrage eventually.

What is this upgrade? If I accidentally upgrade, am I going to be able to get back to 19.0.9 if this upgrage does not work for me?

When will Bose EVER properly communicate what they are doing?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Jul 20, 2018

Re: New SoundTouch Firmware ?

Well - speaking from experience using the 19.0.11 upgrade - do not upgrade if can prevent it - if 19.0.9 works for you so far then stick with it.

19.0.11 appeared to fix the problem for about 48 hours then things got even worse than after 19.0.5 - even single speaker would not work...

note how all these issues are being covered up by BOSE.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 18, 2016

Re: New SoundTouch Firmware ?

Yes I am in a similar situation and resisting upgrades and am still on V18.011 in which "Play all" works. The only hitch is that the master speaker drops its bundle occasionally. The system is therefore useable.

I have found from past experience that it is not advisable to rush into the upgrades.

It would be good if Bose allowed users to rollback at least one software version if problems were encountered with an "upgrade".

Dissapointed at the whole sorry mess that users are experiencing.

Just hope that if Bose discontinues this product line that it is left in a functioning state.