Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 30, 2016

[New music service] Stingray

Please cosndier adding Stingray Music to your list of music services that can be played on teh SoundTouch systems. Stingray is a great music service that is included with my cable TV subsciiption and it woul dbe great to be able to stream it through the SoundTouch system.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 22, 2016

Re: [New music service] Stingray

I wish you well with your request J_n_ J but there have been hundreds if not thousands of us frustrated Ex Bose loyalists that have been asking for them to add Apple Music, the worlds most popular streaming and cloud music service, for several years now to no avail....they just don't listen to real consumer requests and instead roll out silly useless features (a clock?!) and cockamamie app updates.

Heres another alternative that may work for you depending on your Soundtouch unit and pacify myself and countless others.....Auxillary input rebroadcasting. If we could just patch our respective units (your cable tv box and my Apple TV) into the Aux hdmi input and have that rebroadcast out to all other speakers throughout the house well, that would be just peachy. But, in true Bose form, they've been dangling that carrot in front of us since 2015 and not delivering.

...it's really no wonder why Bose has been losing ground to Sonos and other competition, they're getting crushed on customer satisfaction and real, valuable features and that word travels quickly throughout the consumer community.

Good day, sorry to vent on your thread.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 13, 2016

Thank you for your requests. We have forwarded these suggestions to our software development team for future consideration. 

We wanted to let you know that you can access Stingray from an Android or Apple mobile device and stream using Bluetooth. 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 30, 2016

Thank you Ryan. Yes, I am aware that pretty much anything that can be played on my iPhone or iPad can be played over the SoundTouch speakers using Blue Tooth (or by using a AUX 3.5mm cable) but, for me, the whole point of the SoundTouch system was to get access to music without having to find, and connect, my iPhone/iPad. The best solution is to assign a Preset button to a Stingray music channel. Walk in to a room, press a preset button and, voila!, music being played. 

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Dec 2, 2016

Agreed. I appreciate the ability to play my Apple Music via my phone through my Soundtouch system, but both Apple and Bose would do well to play nice and come to some accord on this idea.

We should be able to assign our Apple playlists or albums to presets as with the other services. It's more in Bose's interest, though, and the only reason I can think of for Apple's holdout is that they're planning to debut their own hardware to play music from room to room.

But that won't happen anytime soon, if ever, because Apple is now run by accountants instead of visionaries. Note how the onetime leader in computer tech has failed miserably to follow through in the promise of Siri. While Amazon and Google have leapt far ahead with their respective speaker/assistants, Apple has simply left the Siri function wallowing in an electronic mire.

Bose should push Apple hard to catch up to 2017. We'd all be more satisfied with the result.
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 30, 2016

I find it interesting to read that the "solution" proposed for Apple Music by Bose (in partnership with Apple I presume) is to use Airplay.  

Am I the only one that wanted Bose because it let me play music without needing any other device?

i would li,e to be able to program one of the buttons to be a Stingray channel. I would like to be able to program a button to be an Apple Music radio station. That, for me, brings value to owning the SoundTouch. If I'going to be dependant on other devices to stream music through SoundTouchneed another, I might as well just have plugged my laptop into my home stereo via a cable and accessed everything through my laptop - and saved money doing so.

Highlighted
Expert
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

We are off topic here but...I have been commenting on this point since AirPlay 2 was announced. I was concerned that Bose would only be able to implement Apple Music over AirPlay 2 by using an Apple device such as an iPad or iPhone to wirelessly connect to SoundTouch devices. This would simply be a Wi-Fi option over BlueTooth.

The best soloution would be for Bose to offer Apple Music in the ”add a service” line up, much the same as Spotify and Deezer.

Stingray would be another good add in service as well. I subscribe to Stingray on cable and can rebroadcast to my SoundTouch devices.

Using Apple TV and Airport Express.