Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Richard Jowett
Participant
Registered since

Sep 19, 2017

New owner needs basic help?

After many years just bought Soundwave and Soundtouch 10. Over the moon with the main unit and reasonably pleased with the Sound touch. BUT here is where i need help. Soundtouch (Situated in the kitchen) Is synched to the radio stations on the main, but how do i get it to play the same CD that is playing on the main unit.

PLEASE respond in easy terms, 60 years old and the brain is feeling the strain. 

2 REPLIES 2
Marty K.
Mentor
Registered since

Jan 9, 2016

Re: New owner needs basic help?

Hi Richard,

Someone from Bose can probably be more definitive about this but from what I understand of it, the CD player on that system will only play on that system directly, it can't be broadcast to the other speakers. Basically, you can only broadcast to other speakers (depending on the exact Soundtouch model) network or bluetooth based audio sources - so things like Spotify, Pandora, your own music library from your computer, Internet Radio, etc.  But built in CD players or any audio that you play through an aux input connectory cannot be broadcast to other speakers.

Brian_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: New owner needs basic help?

Hi Richard and Marty K,

@Marty K. 's answer is accurate. The Wave SoundTouch Music Systems cannot rebroadcast CD audio to other SoundTouch speakers. The Wave systems were originally engineered to be a small, all-in-one alternative to large, complicated stereo equipment. The newer SoundTouch varients of this system remain true to this original purpose and bring the addition of SoundTouch features. These additional SoundTouch sources (including Bluetooth for the Wave SoundTouch Music System IV) can be rebroadcasted to other SoundTouch speakers. However, the original Wave Music System sources (including CD) cannot. 

I hope this information is helpful!

Best regards,

Brian