No Pandora on Wave SoundTouch IV

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor

No Pandora on Wave SoundTouch IV

I understand that this product is supposed to work with SoundTouch, but in the desktop app, it doesn't show up as an available service.  What am I missing?Screen Shot 2018-10-31 at 1.52.26 PM.png

9 REPLIES

Re: No Pandora on Wave SoundTouch IV

Hi schalliol,

Thanks for the post, and welcome to the community.

Just to confirm, you're located in the US?  Pandora is US only.

Are you using a VPN either on your computer or on your network?  This could cause the devices to think they are in a different country, and block Pandora access.

Let us know so we can get this working for you.

Best Regards,

Brandon - Community Support

Quiet Contributor

I’m in the US with a US external IP, and I’m not using a VPN.  The internet radio services work.

I'm using the Mac app in case that helps.

Thanks!

Thanks for the info schalliol.

Do you have the SoundTouch app installed on a different device, either a different computer or smartphone?  Does the same thing happen there?

Do you have just the Wave ST IV, or do you have additional SoundTouch products connected to your network?

Are you just setting up the system for the first time?

Best,

Brandon

Quiet Contributor

Just the ST IV.  I have the unit on Ethernet only, which the computer is also on, but I don't use it wirelessly.  I guess I just don't understand why it wouldn't show up in the list of services to attempt to add.  All those other services are there.

Hi again,

I'm not entirely sure why it isn't showing up as well.  I'm going to escalate this issue since there may be a problem with your account on the back end.  The e-mail address you used for the Community, is it the same as your SoundTouch account?

Best,

Brandon

Quiet Contributor

I think maybe I understand what's going on.  This is on a corporate network, and even though some services work, perhaps Pandora itself is blocked.  If that's the case, then maybe Pandora won't show up as an available service.

I don't believe a corporate network would cause this specific issue.  Pandora (and other streaming services) are geolocked according to the IP address that the SoundTouch app/system sees as its external IP.

There are two different things that can cause this (that I'm aware of).  Either the system is on an IP address that is outside of the US, or there is something wrong with the account on the back end.  To me, it sounds like the latter.

Are you able to set the system up on a different network, possibly a home network?  This could help with troubleshooting.

Best,

Brandon

Quiet Contributor

I don't have a great way to set it up on another network, but that might be possible.  If, on the same NAT'ed network I search for my external IP, I get that it is on the Indiana Fiber Network, which is what I would expect:

Continent:
North America (NA)
United States (US) US
City:
Indianapolis
Time Zone:
America/Indiana/Indianapolis
Latitude:
39.8726 (39°52'21.36" N)
Longitude:
-86.2768 (86°16'36.48" S)

Do you have any other ideas to try?  Thanks!

The only other thing I could think of to try before escalating would be to factory reset your SoundTouch system, log out of the SoundTouch app, and set up the system with a new e-mail address.

Are you able to give this a shot?

Thanks,

Brandon