Highlighted
maximillian
Audible Advocate
  • 1
  • 3
  • 0
Registered since

Dec 27, 2016

No Wi-Fi Network Found

I setup 4 ST10's a year ago with Wifi and Bluetooth.  I think the ST app was version 10.  I was able at the time to stream to all 4 units via the ST app.  Throughout the year I mainly connect to them via Bluetooth.  Today I added a ST link adapter and upgraded to the latest app version (14?).  The new software is only able to find 3 of the 4 ST10's.  I did manage to connect to the link adapter on a PC that is wired to the network.  On of the ST10's I tried on the same PC and another one with Wifi.  I DL the new ST app to the PC with Wifi, connect to the ST10 via USB, then go through the setup.  Each and everytime the software says there's no Wi-Fi network Found.  Wireless PC has no issues with Wifi and has 4 of 5 bars.  Don't know how to proceed.

 

 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
  • 0
  • 5748
  • 294
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: No Wi-Fi Network Found

Hi maximillian,

 

Sorry to hear about the issues you've been experiencing.  

 

With the one SoundTouch 10 that isn't functioning properly, try factory resetting the system by holding down the VOL- and number 1 buttons together for 10 seconds on the top of the system.  After roughly 10 seconds, all of the lights on the front will start blinking.  Once this happens, you can let go and let the system reset and reboot; in about a minute a solid amber LED will show up and you can setup the system again, either via Wi-Fi or USB, your choice.

 

Try this out, and let me know what happens.

 

Best Regards,

Brandon

Highlighted
maximillian
Audible Advocate
  • 1
  • 3
  • 0
Registered since

Dec 27, 2016

Re: No Wi-Fi Network Found

I got two ST10's working using this method. A 3rd still can't find the network despite trying the repeatedly.  This is using USB; the software doesn't seem to detect any new speakers after the reset.  

 

It still connects via BT however.  

 

BTW, for both ST10's that did work and for a second, purchased today Wireless Link Adapter.  Setup has to go through the setup twice.  I get to the step of renaming the device and I get an error message that the software can't connect to the device.  It exits setup and the device isn't in my speaker list.  I go through the setup a second time, the new name is already listed and then setup proceeds to check for updates.  Works fine after that.  Seems like a bug that 3 devices require setup performed twice.