Camille
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 1, 2017

No more sound on soundtouch 20

My soundtouch 20 does not produce any sound. It wouldnt start this morning with no reason. My other devices (10 and 30) work fine. Wifi is perfect. The soundtouch 20 is well recognized on the network and it displays correctly the song or the radio station...but with no sound. I tried to reset it (pushing aux button) but it doed not change anything....

Any idea?
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: No more sound on soundtouch 20

Hi Camille,

Sorry to hear about the issues you're having with your system.  There's no audio on all sources from the SoundTouch 20?  Can you also try a power cycle of your wireless router?  Also, do you have a device you could plug into the AUX connection on the SoundTouch 20 to see if that audio works?

If none of the steps resolve the issue, please contact your local support center to arrange for service.

Best Regards,

Brandon

Highlighted
Camille
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 1, 2017

Yes, i have tried everything but it won't work.

I did a hard reset last week but the issue was still there.

Now, i encounter two more problems :

1/ when i remove the AC cable, the soundtouch turns off ( it does not stay on on its battery like it should do)

2/ Now when i plug in the cable, the soundtouch tries to reboot but it never suceeds... I keep getting the progress bar (see capture).

Therefore, i cannot use the system at all !!!

I can't believe how that can happen on a 400$ product. I have two other bose product ( a soundtouch 30 and a 10) and i am gonna sell evertyhing to buy a Sonos system.

I am very very unhappy

20170710_074127.jpg

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 25, 2014

Hi Camille,

I am very sorry to hear of the issue you are experiencing with the system.

At this point this certainly seems like a hardware failure and I would recommend contacting your local support center for service options. If you go to our global page HERE, you can select your country, then scroll down to the bottom of the page and click "Contact Us". This should provide you with the phone number, email, and chat services for your country.

Thank you