troley
Participant
Registered since

Jun 7, 2016

No multiroom after app update

Since updating IOS app to version 13.0.8 - I am unable to achieve multiroom listening, when streaming from Synology nas music library.
When adding another Soundtouch to a Group, there will be no audio from the added speaker?
The workaround is first to play a radio station in multiroom mode (which still Works)  - then go back to nas music library
Is this something, Bose is aware of?
Troels - Denmark

2 REPLIES 2
Jason_G
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Sep 2, 2014

Re: No multiroom after app update

Hi Troels.  We just tried to recreate the issue you are describing and using our Synology NAS drive and the new software and were unable to.  We
Could you please power cycle (disconnect power for 30 seconds) from all involved devices (router, SoundTouch systems, NAS drive, etc.) and try again?
If this issue is still happening could you provide the following information:

• The specific step by step process you used to create the issue
  • You mentioned 13.0.8.  That means you're using the iOS version of the mobile app, correct?  Which iOS device are you using?
  • Types and series of SoundTouch systems involved
  • Router model and manufacturer
  • Specific model of Synology NAS drive
  • Are you using the standard Synology music server package or are you running something else (Twonky, etc.)?
troley
Participant
Registered since

Jun 7, 2016

Re: No multiroom after app update

Hello again.
Yes, I use the app for IOS.
I've restarted everything and narrowed the problem down to this:
When I turn on my systems (soundtouch 30 and a soundtouch 10) from "off" to "on" using the IOS app, I will not get multiroom on my NAS right away. But after selecting a new track from library, it will sync up as always.
When I think of it, I belive this was also an issue before updating the app. But since I now have a workaround for it, I belive it is okay.
Best, Troels